Australia Visa

Australia is a country in Oceania bordering the Indian Ocean and the Southern Pacific Ocean which is comprised of mainland Australia, the island of Tasmania, and several small islands. The terrain is mostly low plateau with deserts. Australia has a mixed economic system in which the economy includes a variety of private freedom, combined with centralized economic planning and government regulation. Australia is a member of Asian Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) and the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP). Due to the visa policy of Australia, every non-citizen in Australia must have a visa, either as a result of an application, or one granted automatically by law. However Australia gives a visitor visa exemption to some cases. Since 1 September 2015, Australia ceased to issue visa labels on visa holders’ passports, and all visas are issued and recorded on a central database. Visa records can only be accessed through Visa Entitlement Verification Online (VEVO), a digital verification service provided by the Department of Immigration and Border Protection.



A special purpose visa is a visa exemption given by operation of law to certain non-citizens in Australia to whom standard visa and immigration clearance arrangements do not apply. It effectively exempts certain persons from the normal processes for entry into Australia. These include:

  1. Members of the Royal Family and the members of the Royal party;
  2. Guests of Government;
  3. SOFA forces members including civilian component members;
  4. Asia‑Pacific forces members;
  5. Commonwealth forces members;
  6. Foreign armed forces dependents;
  7. Foreign naval forces members;
  8. Airline positioning crew members and airline crew members;
  9. Eligible transit passengers, persons visiting Macquarie Island;
  10. Eligible children born in Australia and Indonesian traditional fishermen visiting the Territory of Ashmore and Cartier Islands.



There is a large range of visas that may be applied for, for a variety of purposes, including:

Visitor visa (subclass 600):

  • Tourist stream – for people to visit Australia temporarily for a holiday, to visit relatives or friends or for other short-term non-work purposes, including study for less than three months.
  • Business Visitor stream – for people seeking to engage in business visitor activities including: making a general business or employment enquires, contract negotiations, goevernment visits, attending conferences, seminars, job interviews or professional examinations.

Transit visa (subclass 771) – for people who wish to transit through Australia for less than 72 hours and who do not qualify for transit without a visa or people travelling to Australia to join a vessel as crew.

Medical treatment (subclass 602) – for people to have medical treatment or medical consultations, donate an organ or support the person who is having medical treatment in Australia but not to have medical treatment for surrogate motherhood.

Student visa (subclass 500) – for people to study full-time in a recognized education institution. This single type of visa replaced student visas with subclass numbers 570 to 576 on 1 July 2016.


Temporary activity work visa:

  • Temporary Work (Short Stay Specialist) (subclass 400) visa – for persons with a demonstrated need to undertake short-term, non-ongoing, highly specialized work in Australia. In general, the visa provides a pathway for workers (such as professionals, managers, technicians and trades people) with highly specialized skills, knowledge or experience that can assist Australian business and which cannot reasonably be found in the Australian labor market.
  • Temporary Work (International Relations) (subclass 403) visa – for people who enter Australia temporarily to do the work or activity specified in your visa application;
  • Training (subclass 407) visa – allow foreign people to work for an Australian employer whilst undertaking on-the-job training;
  • Temporary Activity (subclass 408) visa – for people who want to come to Australia on a temporary basis to undertake one of the following purposes: entertainer, invited participant, researcher, religious worker, special program, sport, exchange, superyacht crew, domestic worker, australian government endorsed event,  .


Partner & prospective marriage:

  • Partner (subclass 309/100 and 820/801);
  • Prospective Marriage (subclass 300).

Child migration:

  • Child Visa (Subclass 101) – a permanent visa for children who are the dependent child of an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen;
  • Adoption Visa (Subclass 102) – a permanent visa for children from overseas, under 18 years of age, who have been or are about to be adopted;
  • Orphan Relative Visa (Subclass 117) – a permanent visa for children from overseas, under 18 years of age, whose parents are unable to care for them. The child must be sponsored by a relative who is an Australian citizen, Australian permanent visa, or an eligible New Zealand citizen;
  • Dependent Child Visa (Subclass 445) – a temporary visa for a child or stepchild of a parent who holds a temporary partner visa and has not yet been granted a permanent partner visa. (In this case, that the child’s parent must hold Temporary Partner visa (subclasses 309 or 820).

Other family migration:

  • Aged Dependent Relative (Subclass 114);
  • Remaining Relative (Subclass 115);
  • Carer (Subclass 116).

The Resident Return visa (subclasses 155 and 157) – a permanent visa for current or former Australian permanent residents or former Australian citizens. 

Working holiday visa (subclass 417) – for people aged 18 to 30 years of age, who are interested to have an extended holiday while supplementing their funds with short-term work of up to 12 months and who come from Belgium, Canada, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Italy, Japan, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Sweden, Taiwan or the United Kingdom.


Work and holiday visa (subclass 462) – for people aged 18 to 30 years of age, who are interested to have an extended holiday while supplementing their funds with short-term work of up to 12 months and who come from Argentina, Bangladesh, Chile, Indonesia, Malaysia, Poland, Thailand, Turkey, the USA or Uruguay.


Special program (subclass 416) – for people to participate in approved programs that provide opportunities for cultural enrichment and community benefit.



  1. Original passport valid for at least 06 months (showing signature);
  2. A photocopy of old passport (if any);
  3. 03 passport photos in 3.5×4.5 cm size white background, must be taken within the last 06 months;
  4. A copy of Vietname temporary residence card or multiple visa, work permit applied for foreigner working  in Vietnam;
  5. Application form signed by the applicant;
  6. Notarized true copy of Household Registration Book;
  7. Notarized true copy of Marriage Certificate;
  8. Notarized true copy of Birth Certificate;
  9. Proof of financial standing, including:
    – Recent bank statements within the last 03 months;
    – Notarized true copy of passbook: 15000USD;
  10. Income from rental properties, shares or other income generating investments; Notarized true copies of any asset ownership certificates (such as house and land).
  11. For business owner: Notarized true copy of Business Registration Certification + Business income tax return for the previous financial year (Vietnamese language document is acceptable);
  12. For employee: Notarized true copy of Labour Contract (written in English, Vietnamse or both) + Letter of business decision/ Leave Application form + Payment slip within the last 03 months.
  13. For student (over 18 year old): Current acadamic enrolment record.

For business purpose, please provide following documents:

  1. A letter of invitation from the host company in Australia;
  2. A letter stating the reasons for the visit to Australia;
  3. Business Registration Certification of the company in Australia;
  4. A copy of passport from the inviter;
  5. Proof of the previous contact with business people or company in Australia;
  6. Schedule of stay in Australia, with contact details of the companies involved;
  7. Evidence of applicant’s education and professional education.


For social visits please provide following documents:

  1. Evidence of the visa applicant’s relationship to the person they intend to visit;
  2. A letter of invitation from the inviter. If the inviter is paying for the visit, please provide evidence of their personal funds and income;
  3. A copy of passport from the inviter or other evidence of their identification such as a driver’s license;
  4. Travel itinerary;
  5. Copy of hotel booking;
  6. Return-air ticket booking.



Visitor visa is valid for single-entry or multiple-entry. The duration of stay is up to 12 months, depending on the purpose of the visit and your personal circumstances.



The visa processing time is from 03 to 05 weeks.



In Ho Chi  Minh:
AVAC Visa Application Centre
5th Floor, Resco Tower, 94-96 Nguyen Du Street,
Ben Nghe Ward, District 1,
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam


In Ha Noi:
AVAC Visa Application Centre 
Gelex Tower, 
3rd Floor, 52 Le Dai Hanh Street, 
Le Dai Hanh Ward, Hai Ba Trung District, 
Ha Noi, Vietnam


In Da Nang:
AVAC Visa Application Centre
6th ACB Building, 218 Bach Dang Street,
Phuoc Ninh Ward, Hai Chau District,
Da Nang City, Vietnam


For further information, please contact us
‘Văn phòng Thanh Hóa: số 43 Hạc Thành, phường ba đình, TP Thanh Hóa
5th FloorAvenis Building145 Dien Bien Phu Street, District 1
Điện thoại: 0919271858 
Email: or