All foreigners coming to Vietnam for short-term business, meeting or working purpose must apply for a Vietnam business visa under sponsored by a registered company in Vietnam. You can apply for business visas allowing you to stay for a period of 1 month, 3 months, 6 months or 1 year, all with single/multiple entry options. Like Tourist visa, you can pick up the business visa for Vietnam either through visa on arrival at Vietnam’s international airports or through Vietnamese Embassy/Consulate in your countries. If you wish to extend your stay without having to leave the country, you can do so by applying for a visa extension or renewal in Vietnam, or applying for a Vietnam Temporary Residence Card. However, there are not all nationalities are eligible to apply for a Vietnam visa extension/renewal, and the requirements change accordingly as well. So we will update the latest changes from the Vietnam Immigration Department to help foreigners have a well-preparation for their stay in Vietnam.
TWO WAYS TO GET A BUSINESS VISA FOR VIETNAM
All foreigners coming to Vietnam whether for short-term business, meeting or working purpose are highly recommend to apply for the Vietnam business visa under sponsored by a registered company in Vietnam. There are three ways of obtaining the Vietnam business visa:
- Apply for Vietnam business visa in person or by post through your nearest Vietnamese Embassy or Consulate
- Apply for Vietnam business visa via Vietmam Visa on Arrival (VOA) or
While there are advantages and disadvantages associated with each of these, we recommend the Vietnam Visa on Arrival as the best option to obtain businesses visa for Vietnam.
Option 1: Applying for Vietnam business visa via Vietnamese Embassy or Consulate Overseas
- Traditional approach to getting a business visa for Vietnam
- Can be done in person or by post
- Can be used to apply for Vietnam business visa and other type of visas
- The visa fee is uncertain as it depends on the Vietnamese consulate/ embassy
- Can be used for any entrance point, whether by land, air, or sea
- Takes about 5 working days to process the whole procedure for Vietnam business visa, but can be sped up to 1- 2 days for urgent service.
- Vietnam business Visa is stamped before departure.
You can apply for the Vietnam business visa through the local Vietnamese Embassy or Consulate either in person or by post if any). To do this, you need to fill out and sign an application form, bringing it along with your passport, visa stamping fee and a passport photo.
The advantage of this way is that you already have the Vietnam business visa stamped in your passport before leaving for Vietnam, which means you do not need to queue on arrival for your passport to get stamped.
The application process for obtaining Vietnam business visa is not the most convenient, especially for people who do not live near a Vietnamese Embassy or Consulate.
Option 2: Obtaining Vietnam Business Visa on Arrival
- Convenient, as it can be done by completing an entry and exit application form
- Can be used to apply for tourist visa, business visa and other type of visa (1- 3, or 6 months, or 1 year multiple-entry visa)
- You will need to pay two fees: 1. Service fee for Visa approval letter, 2. Business visa stamping fee
- The service fee is paid online to the service provider; the amount depends on the visa type (number of months and number of entries), nationality, and normal or urgent processing service.
- The Visa stamping fee is paid in cash (USD or VND) at the arrival airport when the Vietnam business visa is stamped on the passport. The fee starts at USD25 for 1 month and 3 month single entry, USD50 for 1 and 3 month multiple-entry visas.
- Can only be obtained the business visa for Vietnam at Vietnam’s international airports in Hanoi, Danang, Ho Chi Minh, Cam Ranh or Phu Quoc Airport. Hence it is only an option for air passengers.
- The total processing day for Vietnam business visa takes 7 working days as normal process
Obtaining Vietnam Visa on Arrival is a viable option with various advantages. With Visa on Arrival, you can apply for longer-term and multiple-entry visas, and you do not need to go in person to the Embassy, or apply by post. You just need to prepare an entry and exit application form, pre-visa approval letter, your original passport, a passport photo and visa stamping fee that all
ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT BUSINESS VISA FOR VIETNAM
If you’re planning to get a business visa in Vietnam, you have to be sponsored by a company registering and operating in Vietnam. The whole procedure for the business visa must go through 2 steps:
<1>. The first step: Having a Visa Approval Letter (Pre-Visa) sponsored by a company in Vietnam, issued by the Ministry of Public Security in advance;
<2>. The second step: the applicant pick up the business visa by themselves at the overseas Embassies/ Consulates of Vietnam, or at the international border gates or at the Vietnam’s international airports. The Vietnam business visa, which is categorized as DN, LV, DT, is issued for those who enter Vietnam for business purpose, these visas are issued for the Vietnam company inviting foreigner coming to Vietnam for business, working purpose.
OBTAINING A BUSINESS VISA APPROVAL LETTER FROM IMMIGRATION DEPARTMENT
For the entry purposes of business, work or investment, the applicants are required a Visa Approval Letter from the Ministry of Public Security in advance. The Visa Approval Letter is the legal document approved by the Vietnam Immigration Department to allow foreigners enter into Vietnam and pick up Vietnam business visa at the overseas Embassies or Consulates of Vietnam, or at the international border gates or at the Vietnam’s international airports.
The required documents need to provide both the applicant and Vietnam’s sponsored company
- A notarized true copy of the sponsored company’s business or investment or representative license in Vietnam, tax and stamp registration certificate;
- Vietnam business Visa application forms must be signed and sealed by a legal representative of the company;
- Scanning the applicant’s passport;
- Providing the estimated date of arrival (this is the date you want your visa to start from, the start date of the visa itself will be the day you arrive – you can enter Vietnam at a later date (up to your exit date) but not before that date, so be sure to take time zone differences into account);
- Providing the place of picking up the business visa for Vietnam (the visa can be picked up at the Vietnamese Embassies/ Consulates in your own or another country, or airports of Ho Chi Minh City, Hanoi, Da Nang or Nha Trang).
The processing time and Vietnam business visa validity
- The Vietnam business visa validity is from 1 to 12 months with single or multiple entries
- Normal processing time: 7 working days
REQUIRED DOCUMENTS FOR PICKING UP THE VIETNAM BUSINESS VISA
Vietnam business visa, which is categorized as DN, LV, DT, is issued for those who enter Vietnam for business purpose. You are able to get your Vietnam business visa stamped at the embassy or the airport or border crossing, to do this you must submit the following documents:
- Applicant’s original passport must be valid for six months from your estimated arrival date, and must have at least one blank visa page;
- 2 passport sized photographs (4×6 cm);
- The copy of business visa approval letter;
- Complete the entry and exit application form;
- Visa stamping fee depending on the visa single or multiple entry and visa validity (USD25 for 1 and 3 month single, USD50 for 1 and 3 month multiple, USD95 for 6 month multiple and USD135 for 1 year multiple entry) must be paid in cash at the place of picking up visa.
WHERE TO PICK UP THE BUSINESS VISA FOR VIETNAM
There are three options to pick up the Business Visa for Vietnam:
- Pick up the Business Visa for Vietnam at Vietnamese Embassies/ Consulates in your own or another country or
- Pick up the Business Visa for Vietnam at Vietnam’ international airports including Tan Son Nhat airport in Ho Chi Minh City, Noi Bai airport in Ha Noi City, Cam Ranh airport in Nha Trang, Da Nang airport in Da Nang City or Phu Quoc airport in Kien Giang Province or
- Pick up the Business Visa for Vietnam at Vietnam’ international border crossings, Vietnam has over a dozen international overland border crossings. These allow overland travel to Cambodia (via five crossings), Laos (via six crossing) and China (at least two crossings)
OTHER INFORMATION RELATED TO VIETNAM’S WORK PERMIT, VISAS AND TEMPORARY RESIDENCE CARD
- How To Apply Work Permit In Viet Nam
- How To Apply Work Permit Extension
- How To Apply For Vietnam Visa On Arrival
- How To Apply For Visa Extension In Vietnam
- How to apply for Extension of Temporary Residence Card
- Procedures For Lost Vietnam Temporary Residence Card
- Vietnam Temporary Residence Card For Foreigner’s Relative
- Who Can Get Vietnam Temporary Residence Card
- How To Apply Vietnam Visa On Arrival
- How To Extend or Renew Visa In Vietnam
- How To Apply Vietnam’s Visa For Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Iran, Parkistan, Turkey Citizens
For further information:
‘Văn phòng Thanh Hóa: số 43 Hạc Thành, phường ba đình, TP Thanh Hóa
5th FloorPlatinum Building | 145 Dien Bien Phu Street, District 1 | Ho Chi Minh City | Vietnam
Điện thoại: 0919271858 0938228856 | 0906640505