Foreigners are holding Temporary Residence Card, but unfortunately it is expired or lost or even you get trouble with your passport. Extending or renewing Vietnam Temporary Residence is a must if you would like to stay and live more here. The process may be complicated for those who have issued at the first time, so someone will be confused about procedures or required documents about Vietnam Temporary Residence Card Extension. Please feel free since we are here to help you somehow by briefing TRC extension below. To extend your Temporary Residence Card, please kindly satisfy these following documents.
I.BBREIFING VIETNAM TEMPORARY RESIDENCE CARD EXTENSION
Temporary Residence Cards (TRCs) are valid for one to five years, with duration of at least one month less than expiration of passport, not issued to people whose passports are valid for less than one year. The residence card is issued for investor, shareholder, foreigner granted work permit and accompanying relatives (father, mother, wife, husband, children under 18 of the granting residence card person) of the granted resident card person.
In case of the foreigners had Temporary Residence Card but due to some reasons such as the passport running out of pages and need to change the new one or loss of residence card… to enter and exit Vietnam, they are required to change their temporary residence card or apply for renewal/ extension according to the current card (in case of loss).
II. WHERE IS TEMPORARY RESIDENCE CARD EXTENDED OR RENEWED?
You can absolutely issue your Temporary Residence Card extension in:
- Temporary Residence Card for foreigners shall be issued by the Immigration Department, the Police Department of the province or city directly under the Central Government
- Immigration Department – Ministry of Public Security
III. PROCESSING TIME
The processing time is 05 – 07 working days from the date of receiving complete documents for extending or renewing your TRC.
IV. CONDITIONS TO EXTEND TEMPORARY RESIDENCE CARD IN VIETNAM (TRC)
We list these following documents you have to satisfy when extending Vietnam Temporary Residence Card (TRC):
- Passport of applicant for Temporary Residence Card must be valid for more than 1 year;
- In case of having a work permit, the foreigner’s work permit must be valid for at least 1 year from the time of application for a Temporary Residence Card;
- Foreigners must have a certain period of temporary stay in Vietnam (with a certificate of Temporary Residence Registration in a commune or ward where foreigners are staying);
- In case of changing the passport number of the passport or your passport is lost, or exchanging for a new passport, your new passport has not been used for entering Vietnam before. Moreover, new visa has been stamped on the passport.
V. REQUIRED DOCUMENTS APPLYING FOR EXTENDING VIETNAM TEMPORARY RESIDENCE CARD
Temporary Residence Cards will not be extended or renewed if the applicant’s passport is valid for less than one year, and the duration of the Residence Card will always be at least one month shorter than the duration of the holder’s passport.
For Sponsor Company in Vietnam:
- A notarized copy of legal entity profile of guaranteed bodies, organizations or enterprises which asked for the issuance of temporary residence card, and depend on the specific cases, the following documents may be required: Certificate of investment; Certificate of business registration; License of representative office establishment; Subsidiary companies (including written notice of activity); Seal registration certificate; Tax code registration certificate (if any);
- A written request for temporary residence card (NA6 form);
- Declaration of foreign applicant’s information (NA8 form);
- Two (2) passport-sized photographs (2cm x3cm);
- The applicant’s original of passport;
- A valid and suitable Vietnam’s visa (LĐ/DN)
- A notarized copy of work permit;
- Proof of residence registration by local police department
For foreigner, please kindly submit:
- The original passport of the applicant for granting a Temporary Residence Card and a new passport, if any, in case of granting a new passport
- An application for loss of a Temporary Residence Card in case of card loss is certified by the local police or a written notice of Temporary Residence Card’s loss confirmed by authority or sponsor company;
- Original Temporary Residence Card
- Your Vietnam Work Permit or Work Permit Exemption
- 2 photos of 2×3 cm in white background;
- Notarized or original Temporary Residence Card or Temporary Residence registration;
For relatives, please provide:
- Relative’s original passport;
- Two (2) passport-sized photographs (2cm x3cm);
- Family Relationship Certificates as Certificate of Marriage (husband/wife), Certificate of Birth (children/parents). Those documents must be consular legalized and translated into Vietnamese;
- The visa of relatives must be valid and TT visa;
- Proof of residence registration certified by local police station;
Kindly note that in case of accompanying relatives, documents showing proof of relationship such as: birth certificates, marriage registration and family register are a must (these documents must be consular legalized and translated into Vietnamese, unless they are exempt from consular legalization under the provisions of Article 9 of Decree No. 111/2011 / ND-CP dated 05/12/2011 of the Government on consular certification, consular legalization.)
OTHER INFORMATION RELATED TO VIETNAM’S WORK PERMIT, VISAS AND TEMPORARY RESIDENCE CARD
- How To Apply Work Permit In Viet Nam
- How To Apply Work Permit Extension
- How To Apply For Vietnam Visa On Arrival
- How To Apply For Visa Extension In Vietnam
- How to apply for Extension of Temporary Residence Card
- Procedures For Lost Vietnam Temporary Residence Card
- Vietnam Temporary Residence Card For Foreigner’s Relative
- Who Can Get Vietnam Temporary Residence Card
For further information, please contact:
Discovery Indochina Travel Co., Ltd
5th Floor, Platinum Building
145 Dien Bien Phu St | Dakao Ward | District 1 | Ho Chi Minh City | Vietnam
Tel: +8428 39102359 | +8428 39102358
Hotline: +84938228856 | +84906640505 | +84906315522
www.visa5s.com | www.ditravel.vn