Getting a Vietnam business visa is a requirement to do business, working in Vietnam that is coded ĐT, DN, LV as a short-stay visa. The Vietnam business visa is valid up to one year with a single or multiple entries based on your business plan, nationality and what documents you have. During this period of time, you can conduct many activities such as signing contract, meeting B2B, and working with Vietnam enterprises to explore your investment opportunities in this promising land born by Mother Nature. To obtain a business visa in Vietnam, you need a sponsor company registered and operated legally and currently in Vietnam to help you obtain a business visa approval letter before your departure day. Why you must apply for an appropriate visa to work, invest, and do business in Vietnam, the Vietnam business visa allows you to stay in Vietnam legally, extends the visa easily and obtains a temporary residence card in Vietnam after getting a Vietnam work permit. The procedure is just take two steps as usual; now let’s take a tour to explore how to get a business visa to Vietnam it as soon as possible in order to make your business plan run smoothly.
TWO WAYS TO GET A BUSINESS VISA TO VIETNAM
Vietnam business visa is granted by Vietnam immigration department, and to Vietnamese company. While there are advantages and disadvantages associated with each of these, we recommend the Visa on Arrival as the best option to get the businesses visa for Vietnam. There are two ways of getting the business visa to Vietnam:
<1> Getting the business visa to Vietnam in person through your nearest Vietnamese Embassy or Consulate or
- The advantage of this way is that you already have the Vietnam business visa stamped in your passport before leaving for Vietnam, which means you do not need to queue on arrival for your passport to get stamped.
- The application process is not the most convenient, especially for people who do not live near a Vietnamese Embassy or Consulate.
<2> Getting the business visa to Vietnam via Visa on Arrival (VOA) at the Vietnam international airports
- Vietnam Visa on Arrival is a viable option with various advantages. With Visa on Arrival, you can apply for longer-term and multiple-entry visas, and you do not need to go in person to the Embassy, or apply by post.
- Get Vietnam business visa within 30 minutes upon arrival
HOW TO GET A BUSINESS VISA IN VIETNAM?
If you’re planning to get a business visa in Vietnam, you have to be sponsored by a company registering and operating in Vietnam. The whole procedure for Vietnam business visa must go through 2 steps:
- The first one, obtaining a business visa Approval Letter (Pre-Visa) sponsored by a company in Vietnam, issued by the Ministry of Public Security in advance;
- The second step, the applicant pick up the Vietnam business visa by themselves at the overseas Embassies/ Consulates of Vietnam, or at the international border gates or at the Vietnam’s international airports.
OBTAINING A BUSINESS VISA APPROVAL LETTER FROM VIETNAM IMMIGRATION DEPARTMENT
For the purposes of business, work or investment, the applicants are required a business Visa Approval Letter from the Ministry of Public Security in advance. The Visa Approval Letter is the legal document approved by the Vietnam Immigration Department to allow foreigners enter into Vietnam and pick up Vietnam business visa at the overseas Embassies or Consulates of Vietnam, or at the international border gates or at the Vietnam’s international airports.
The required documents for Vietnam business visa approval letter:
- A notarized true copy of the sponsored company’s business or investment or representative license in Vietnam, tax and stamp registration certificate;
- Visa application forms must be signed and sealed by a legal representative of the company;
- A scanned copy of the applicant’s passport;
- Providing the estimated date of arrival (this is the date you want your visa to start from. The start date of the visa itself will be the day you arrive – you can enter Vietnam at a later date (up to your exit date) but not before that date, so be sure to take time zone differences into account);
- Providing the place of picking up the Vietnam business visa (the business visa can be picked up at the Vietnamese Embassies/ Consulates in your own or another country, or airports of Ho Chi Minh City, Hanoi, Da Nang or Nha Trang).
* The Vietnam business visa duration is from 1 to 12 months with single or multiple entries
* Normal processing time to get the Vietnam business visa approval letter: 7 working days, 4 working days for urgent cases
Required documents for picking up Vietnam Business Visa
You are able to get your visa stamped at the embassy or the airport or border crossing, to do this you must submit the following documents:
- Applicant’s original passport must be valid for six months from your estimated arrival date, and must have at least one blank visa page;
- 2 passport sized photographs (4×6 cm);
- The copy of business visa approval letter;
- Complete the entry and exit application form;
- Visa stamping fee depending on the visa single or multiple entry and visa validity (USD25 for 1 and 3 month single, USD50 for 1 and 3 month multiple, USD95 for 6 month multiple and USD135 for 1 year multiple entry) must be paid in cash at the place of picking up visa.
WHERE TO PICK UP THE BUSINESS VISA IN VIETNAM?
There are three options to obtain a Vietnam Business Visa:
- Obtain the Vietnam Business Visa at Vietnamese Embassies/ Consulates in your own or another country or
- Obtain the Vietnam Business Visa at Vietnam’ international airports including Tan Son Nhat airport in Ho Chi Minh City, Noi Bai airport in Ha Noi City, Cam Ranh airport in Nha Trang, Da Nang airport in Da Nang City or Phu Quoc airport in Kien Giang Province or
- Obtain the Vietnam Business Visa at Vietnam’ international border crossings, Vietnam has over a dozen international overland border crossings. These allow overland travel to Cambodia (via five crossings), Laos (via six crossing) and China (at least two crossings)
OTHER INFORMATION RELATED TO VIETNAM’S WORK PERMIT, VISAS AND TEMPORARY RESIDENCE CARD
- How To Apply Work Permit In Viet Nam
- How To Apply Work Permit Extension
- How To Apply For Vietnam Visa On Arrival
- How To Apply For Visa Extension In Vietnam
- How to apply for Extension of Temporary Residence Card
- Procedures For Lost Vietnam Temporary Residence Card
- Vietnam Temporary Residence Card For Foreigner’s Relative
- Who Can Get Vietnam Temporary Residence Card
- How To Apply Vietnam Visa On Arrival
- How To Extend or Renew Visa In Vietnam
- How To Apply Vietnam’s Visa For Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Iran, Parkistan, Turkey Citizens
For further information:
Discovery Indochina Travel Co., Ltd
5th Floor | Platinum Building | 145 Dien Bien Phu Street, District 1 | Ho Chi Minh City | Vietnam
Tel: 028 39102358 | 028 39102359 Mobile: 0938228856 | 0906640505
www.visa5s.com | www.ditravel.vn