Vietnam is known as a beautiful and historical country that attracts pretty many foreigners visit especially Japanese. Though Japan is a member of 15-day Visa Exemption list, you are still forced to get Vietnam Tourist Visa as Japanese citizens if you want to stay more than two weeks to immerse yourself in beautiful country, Vietnam. Perhaps you are confused about how to get it since you have not heard or issued it before. Please don’t worry because Visa5s will help you make clear all of issues you are getting troubles about Vietnam Tourist Visa for Japanese citizens. The specific guideline about steps and required documents will be mentioned in the post below. To make you trip plan fantastic, let’s read carefully.
WHAT IS VIETNAM TOURIST VISA?
Vietnam Tourist Visa
– Issued for those who come to Vietnam for travel purposes
– Valid up to 30 days for single or multiple entries
– Free visa for those nationalities included in Vietnam Visa Exemption. Luckily, Japanese citizens are one of member of 15-day Vietnam Visa Exemption.
For those who would like to stay longer than 15 days, Vietnam Tourist Visa is a must. However, Vietnam Tourist Visa for Japanese citizens is really easy to issue.
HOW MANY WAYS DO JAPANESE CITIZENS CAN OBTAIN A VIETNAM TOURIST VISA?
All foreigners coming to Vietnam for travel, visiting relatives, friend purpose recommend applying for a tourist visa under sponsored by a travel company in Vietnam. There are three ways of obtaining such a visa:
- Apply in person or by post through your nearest Vietnamese Embassy or Consulate;
- Apply for a Visa on Arrival at the Vietnam’s international airports (VOA) or;
- Apply for an e-visa online
While there are advantages and disadvantages associated with each of these, we recommend the Visa on Arrival as the best option for the purposes of Japanese tourist, business and work considering a trip to Vietnam.
Option 1: Via Vietnamese Embassy or Consulate
Japanese citizens can apply Vietnam Tourist Visa either in person or by mail. To do this, you need to fill out and sign an application form, sending it along with your passport and a passport photo.
- Vietnam Embassy in Tokyo, Japan
Address: 50-11, Motoyoyogi-cho, Shibuya-ku, Tokyo 151, Japan
Telephone: (813) 3466 3313; 3466 3314; 3481 6354; 3466 3311
Fax: (813) 3466 3391; 3466 7652; 3466 3312
- Consulate General of the Socialist Republic of Vietnam in Osaka, Japan
Address: 4-2-15 Ichinocho Higashi, Sakai-ku, Sakai-shi, Osaka 590-0952, Japan
Main line: +81-72-221-6666
The advantage of applying this way is that you already have the visa stamped in your passport before leaving for Vietnam, which means you do not need to queue on arrival for your passport to get stamped.
If you live far away from Osaka or Tokyo, this way can be not convenient for you. Now let’s move to next option that is recommended for Japanese tourists and businessmen.
Option 2: Visa on Arrival at any Vietnam’s international airports
Visa on arrival is another way for Japanese citizens to get Vietnam Tourist Visa. It is a favorable choice for Japanese citizens who come to Vietnam for travel purposes.
Visa on Arrival is a viable option with various advantages. With Visa on Arrival, you can apply for longer-term and multiple-entry visas, and you do not need to go in person to the Embassy, or apply by post. You just need to submit an online application and get a pre-approval letter. To be more specific about procedure or required document, you can come across this article about Vietnam Visa on arrival for Japanese.
Option 3: E-Visa
- Convenient, as it can be done by completing an online application form
- Only costs USD 25, which is non-refundable if the visa is declined.
- May be used for any entrance point, whether by land, air, or sea. (there are 28 entrance points, including 8 international airports, 13 international border gates, and 7 seaports.)
- Only for 1 month single-entry.
- Takes about 3 working days to process, and you’ll know quickly whether the application was accepted or not.
- The visa does not need to be stamped on your passport; hence there is no stamping fee and no need to queue for your passport to be stamped on arrival.
- Applicable for Japanese citizens
Please note that the arrival port must be the same on the documents issued by Immigration Department. If you are to change the arrival port after receiving your E-visa, you should contact them to amend the information on the documents to avoid any issue on the ground.
We hope that our post today is informative and useful for you during processing Vietnam Tourist Visa for Japanese citizens. Wish you would have a wonderful trip in our country.
OTHER INFORMATION RELATED TO VIETNAM’S WORK PERMIT, VISAS AND TEMPORARY RESIDENCE CARD
- Requirements To Obtain Vietnam Visa Exemption For Japan Citizens
- Visa On Arrival In Vietnam For Japan Citizens
- British Can Enter Vietnam Without Visa
- How to apply for Vietnam business visa for US
- How to obtain Vietnam visa on arrival for US citizens
- Vietnam business visa for US citizen: Advantages and Disadvantages
- What British Need To Know About Vietnam Investment Visa
- Which steps to apply investor visa in Vietnam
- What All You Need To Get Vietnam Tourist Visa For The British
- An Overview Of Vietnam Investment Visa For French
- How To Apply For Visa Extension In Vietnam
- How to apply for Extension of Temporary Residence Card
- How To Extend or Renew Visa In Vietnam
For further information please contact:
Discovery Indochina Travel Co., Ltd
5th Floor | Platinum Building | 145 Dien Bien Phu Street, District 1 | Ho Chi Minh City | Vietnam
Tel: 028 39102358 | 028 39102359 Mobile: 0938228856 | 0906640505
www.visa5s.com | www.ditravel.vn | Email: Visa@ditravel.vn