Due to the tremendous effects of the Corona pandemic, international travels are suspended globally and a great number of people are stuck in foreign countries. Many nations, including Vietnam, have policies to bring their citizens back home via repatriation flights. However, not everyone can get a seat on those flights and there are still some who must stay. As one of the measures to help foreigners in Vietnam during the COVID-19 pandemic, Vietnamese government has allowed foreigners to extend their permission to stay automatically until July 31st, 2020. This is the second automatic extension allowance when the first lasts until June 30th, 2020.
AUTOMATIC VISA EXTENSION FOR FOREIGNERS IN VIETNAM
Taking the direction of the Prime Minister and the Ministry of Public Security’s leadership on the continuation of the “automatic visa extension” for foreigners who are unable to leave the country due to the Covid-19, Administration Immigration notices that:
- Foreigners who enter by visa exemption, e-visas or tourist visas from March 1st, 2020 up till now, will have their “visa automatically extended” until the end of July 31st, 2020 and can exit during the above period without visa extension.
- In case a foreigner enters the country before March 1st, 2020: if he/she can prove that he/she is stuck due to Covid-19 with confirmation by a diplomatic note (including Vietnamese translation) or confirmation of the Vietnamese authorities on quarantine, treatment of Covid-19 or other force majeure reasons are also considered to apply “automatic visa extension” until the end of July 31st, 2020 (foreigner must present the above note or confirmation document upon their exit).
- Foreigners during the period of “automatic visa extension” must declare their temporary residence and health declaration as prescribed.
- Foreigners who do not fall into the above-mentioned cases or violate other laws shall comply with the current regulations of Vietnamese law.
OTHER WAYS TO EXTEND YOUR VISA IN VIETNAM WITHOUT LEAVING THE COUNTRY
If you are in Vietnam and you are not qualified for the automatic visa extension above, do not worry because you still can extend the visa in other ways.
Generally, there are 2 options for you: visa extension or visa renewal. Both can be applied to the Immigration Department of your residence and do not require you to exit out of Vietnam. The only thing you should bear in mind is the period for you to remain in Vietnam. Foreigners had better start your extension submission before this period expires at least 01 week.
– For tourist visa, foreigers just need to submit passports for visa extension.
– For buisness visa, visa extension will need some more documents which need to be signed and sealed by the company sponsored them.
For more instructions, please refer the article Steps To Extend And Renew Tourist Business Visa Vietnam
WHAT HAPPENS IF YOUR VISA EXPIRES AND YOU OVERSTAY?
In the event that you forget to extend your visa and overstay, a fine for overstaying shall be charged by the numbers of overstayed days. In this case, you must pay the fine and submit for extension. Please note that the more you overstay, the higher fine you will be charged and if your illegal stay is too long, the Immigration Department can consider not to extend/issue your visa and request you to depart out of Vietnam. You can find more information about this procedure in our article What Happens If Your Vietnam Visa Is Expired And Overstayed?
OTHER ARTCLES OF VIETNAM’S VISAS AND TEMPORARY RESIDENCE CARD
- Vietnam Border Visa Run At Moc Bai Crossing – Fastest Way To Extend Vietnam Visa
- Newest Policy Of Investor Visa Vietnam – Validity And Requirements 2020
- Vietnam Business, Labour, Working And Investment Visa – You Should Know
- Vietnam Dependent Visa For Foreigners 2020
- Vietnam Electronic Visa (E-Visa) New Policy – Taking Effect From 01 July 2020
- Latest Policies of Vietnam Visa for foreigner from July 2020
- Steps to obtain the visa approval letter for visa on arrival in Vietnam
- All you need to know about Vietnam visa on arrival
- How To Apply Work Permit In Viet Nam
- How To Apply Work Permit Extension
- How To Apply For Vietnam Visa On Arrival
- How To Apply For Visa Extension In Vietnam
- How to apply for Extension of Temporary Residence Card
- Procedures For Lost Vietnam Temporary Residence Card
- Vietnam Temporary Residence Card For Foreigner’s Relative
For further information please contact:
Discovery Indochina Travel Co., Ltd
5th Floor | Platinum Building | 145 Dien Bien Phu Street, District 1 | Ho Chi Minh City | Vietnam
Tel: 028 39102358 | 028 39102359 Mobile: 0938228856 | 0906640505