When hiring foreign in Vietnam, there are a number of procedures and legal frameworks that must be understood. In this article, we share the whole procedures of hiring foreign staff to work in Vietnam; they must process and obtain 3 types of documents: Short-term Business Visas (DN); Work Permits or Work Permit Exemption Certificates and Temporary Residence Cards. The Temporary Residence Card (TRC) can be seen as Vietnam long-term visa granted for foreign workers who have work permit or work permit exemption certificate, foreign investors investing in Vietnam or foreigners’ relatives with TRC. The TRC granted is valid from 1 to 5 years. People granted the TRC can enter and exit Vietnam without a visa within the valid terms of their TRC. The processing time is from 5 to 7 working days and the original passport must be submitted along with other documents.
BEFORE APPLYING FOR TEMPORARY RESIDENCE CARD IN VIETNAM (TRC)
- The duration of a temporary residence card is shorter at least 30 days than the duration of the passport.
- The duration of a NG3, LV1, LV2, ĐT or DH temporary residence card shall not exceed 05 years.
- The duration of a NN1, NN2, TT temporary residence cards shall not exceed 03 years.
- The duration of a LĐ or PV1 temporary residence cards shall not exceed 02 years.
- Expired temporary residence cards may be extended.
- The temporary residence card is only issued foreign investors, shareholders named on investment license or certificate business registration in Vietnam. It is also issued to expats who is salaried and works in any place of Vietnam.
WHO CAN APPLY FOR VIETNAM TEMPORARY RESIDENCE CARD
- Members of a limited liable company with two members or more
- Owner of a one-member limited liability company
- Members in the Board of a joint-stock company
- Foreign lawyers who have been licensed by Ministry of Justice to practice law in Vietnam as stipulated by law
- Foreigners having work permit, work in various kinds of foreign enterprises and representative offices of foreign companies.
- Professionals, students, trainees working or studying in national programs and projects signed between the ministries and approved by the government.
- Accompanying relatives (father, mother, wife, husband, children under 18 of the granting residence card person).
REQUIRED DOCUMENTS APPLYING FOR RENEWAL OF TEMPORARY RESIDENCE CARD
Temporary Residence Cards will not be issued if the applicant’s passport is valid for less than one year, and the duration of the residence card will always be at least one month shorter than the duration of the holder’s passport.
- A notarized copy of legal entity profile of guaranteed bodies, organizations or enterprises which asked for the issuance of temporary residence card, and depend on the specific cases, the following documents may be required: Certificate of investment; Certificate of business registration; License of representative office establishment; Subsidiary companies (including written notice of activity); Seal registration certificate; Tax code registration certificate (if any);
- A written request for temporary residence card (NA6 form);
- Declaration of foreign applicant’s information (NA8 form);
- Two (2) passport-sized photographs (2cm x3cm);
- The applicant’s original of passport;
- A valid and suitable Vietnam’s visa (LĐ/DN)
- A notarized copy of work permit;
- Proof of residence registration by local police department
For relatives, please provide
- Relative’s original passport;
- Two (2) passport-sized photographs (2cm x3cm);
- Family Relationship Certificates as Certificate of Marriage (husband/wife), Certificate of Birth (children/parents). Those documents must be consular legalized and translated into Vietnamese;
- The visa of relatives must be valid and TT visa;
- Proof of residence registration certified by local police station;
Kindly note that in case of accompanying relatives, documents showing proof of relationship such as: birth certificates, marriage registration and family register are a must (these documents must be consular legalized and translated into Vietnamese, unless they are exempt from consular legalization under the provisions of Article 9 of Decree No. 111/2011 / ND-CP dated 05/12/2011 of the Government on consular certification, consular legalization.)
The processing time is 05 – 07 working days from the date of receiving complete documents
OTHER INFORMATION RELATED TO VIETNAM’S WORK PERMIT, VISAS AND TEMPORARY RESIDENCE CARD
- How To Apply Work Permit In Viet Nam
- How To Apply Work Permit Extension
- How To Apply For Vietnam Visa On Arrival
- How To Apply For Visa Extension In Vietnam
- How to apply for Extension of Temporary Residence Card
- Procedures For Lost Vietnam Temporary Residence Card
- Vietnam Temporary Residence Card For Foreigner’s Relative
- Who Can Get Vietnam Temporary Residence Card
For further information, please contact:
Discovery Indochina Travel Co., Ltd
5th Floor, Platinum Building
145 Dien Bien Phu St | Dakao Ward | District 1 | Ho Chi Minh City | Vietnam
Tel: +8428 39102359 | +8428 39102358
Hotline: +84938228856 | +84906640505 | +84906315522
Website: www.visa5s.com | www.ditravel.vn