Sweden, one of the most visited destinations in the world, has many diverse geographic features. In the north (above the Arctic Circle) Sweden is rugged with snow-covered mountains and thick forests, while central Sweden is dominated by lower mountains in the west that give way to heavily forested hills and ridges, dozens and dozens of rivers and an estimated 101,000 lakes. In the south, large lakes (some linked by canals) and widely cultivated plains stretch across the land. Sweden’s coastal areas include several small islands and reefs, especially in the east and southwest. Directly south of Stockholm (a city of islands) are Gotland and Oland, Sweden’s largest islands. White sandy beaches are common along the southern coastline. That is the reason why many people from all over the world are willing to earn a chance to visit Sweden. However, visitors are required to follow some visa requirements laid down by the Sweden government. One thing needs to be considered is, because Sweden is a member of the Schengen Area, its visa policies are accordant to those of Schengen.
Member states of the Schengen Area (European Union)
Nationals of EU and Schengen countries are not only visa-exempt but are legally entitled to enter and reside in each other’s countries. Their right to freedom of movement in each other’s countries can, however, be limited in a reserved number of situations, as prescribed by the EU treaties: Austria, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, United Kingdom.
TYPES OF SWEDEN VISA
- Granted for those where the intention is to visit Sweden for tourism and sightseeing without having an invitation from a Swedish referent
- Cannot engage in business, or official duties during any portion of their visit to Sweden
- Granted for those who are visiting Sweden for business or conference meetings.
- Applicants who are applying for the purpose of sports or cultural visit can apply for Business visa as well.
Visiting family and friends
- Provided for those who are visiting their family, friends or relatives in Sweden
- Need to submit documents concerning the relative or friend you plan to visit in Sweden
REQUIRED DOCUMENTS FOR SWEDEN VISA APPLICATION
All visitors to Sweden must submit
- The original passport issued within the last 10 years with a validity that exceeds the end of your intended stay by at least 3 months with at least 2 double spare pages;
- One visa application form completely filled in and signed;
- 2 passport photos in size 3.5×4.5 cm, white background;
- Proof of professional status:
* For business owner/ self-employed: Notarized true copy of Business Registration Certificate + Company’s statement or Tax Payment;
* For employee: Pay slips within the last 03 months + Notarized true copy of Labor contract
* For retiree: Pension statement within the last 06 months;
* For student: Proof of enrollment + No-objection certificate from school or university
- Proof of financial status:
* Bank statement for the past 3 months;
* Applicants must prove that they can afford 450 SEK or 48.26€/day of stay in Sweden
* Remittances, credit cards, regular incomes generated by property if available.
- Travel health insurance confirmation of minimum 30,000€ coverage
- Flight tickets (entry and exit).
- Hotel bookings
For business purpose providing the following documents
- An original invitation letter from the inviting company in Sweden;
- A letter of business decision;
- Documents proving the business relationship between both companies + proof of commercial relation with a company(ies) in the EU;
For tourist purpose proving the following documents
- Copy of birth certificate
- Copy of household registration
- Hotel bookings;
- Original Leave Application Form.
For minor under the age of 18, either the parents or the custodian must be present during time of application. If not, a power of attorney must be given from the parents/custodian to a third party stating the purpose required
* All documents from Sweden must be sent directly to the applicant not to the Embassy
* A written explanation letter should be provided if you cannot submit some of the required documents
* Please do not staple or glue any documentstogether
WHERE YOU CAN APPLY
VFS Global in Ho Chi Minh City
- 04th Floor, Resco Building, 94-96 Nguyen Du Street, Ben Nghe Ward, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City
- Submission of Application: 08:30 -12:00 and 13:00 -15:00 hours (Monday-Friday) Except Holidays
- Passport Collection: 13:00 -16:00 hours (Monday-Friday) Except Holidays
VFS Global in Ha Noi
- Gelex Building, 3rd Floor, 52 Le Dai Hanh, Le Dai Hanh Ward, Hai Ba Trung District, Ha Noi City
- Submission of Application: 08:30 -12:00 and 13:00 -15:00 hrs (Monday-Friday) Except Holidays
- Passport Collection: 13:00 -16:00 hrs (Monday-Friday) Except Holidays
Within 15 days from the date of submission. In individual cases this period may be extended up to a maximum of 30 or 60 days. The application may be submitted at least at least 15 working days before the intended journey (but not more than 3 months before the journey).
- Applicants directly apply, take fingerprint and interview.
- Visas are valid for single or multiple entries dependingon trip purposes and the decision of the embassy.
For further information, please contact us
‘Văn phòng Thanh Hóa: số 43 Hạc Thành, phường ba đình, TP Thanh Hóa
5th FloorAvenis Building145 Dien Bien Phu Street, District 1
Điện thoại: 0919271858
Email: Info@visa5s.com or Visa@ditravel.vn