Thailand is a Southeast Asian country. It’s known for tropical beaches, opulent royal palaces, ancient ruins and ornate temples displaying figures of Buddha. In Bangkok, the capital, an ultramodern cityscape rises next to quiet canalside communities and the iconic temples of Wat Arun, Wat Pho and the Emerald Buddha Temple (Wat Phra Kaew). Nearby beach resorts include bustling Pattaya and fashionable Hua Hin.
Visitors to Thailand must obtain a visa from one of the Thai diplomatic missions unless they come from a visa-exempt country or a country whose citizens are eligible to obtain visas on arrival. Thailand currently offers visa-free travel to nationals of 57 countries and territories. The Thai government maintains bilateral agreements on visa waivers with some of these countries; and nationals of 21 countries can obtain a visa on arrival.
LIST OF COUNTRIES ARE EXEMPTED FROM THAILAND VISA
Citizens of countries are allowed a maximum stay of 90 days: Argentina, Brazil, Chile, South Korea, Peru
Citizens of countries are allowed a maximum stay of 30 days:
EUROPE: Austria, Belgium Czech, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Monaco, The Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Russia, Slovak, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, United Kingdom.
ASIA: Bahrain, Brunei, Darussalam, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Israel, Japan, Kuwait, Laos Macau, Malaysia, Mongolia, Oman, The Philippines, Qatar, Singapore, United Arab Emirates, Vietnam.
AMERICA: Canada, United States of America
AUSTRALIA: Australia, New Zealand
AFRICA: South Africa
Citizens of countries are allowed a maximum stay of 15 days: Cambodia, Myanmar
WHO ARE ELIGIBLE FOR VISA ON ARRIVAL
- Republic of Bulgaria
- Kingdom of Bhutan
- People’s Republic of China
- Republic of Cyprus
- Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia
- Republic of India
- Republic of Kazakhstan
- Republic of Latvia
- Republic of Lithuania
- Republic of Maldives
- Republic of Malta
- Republic of Mauritius
- San Marino
- Kingdom Of Saudi Arabia
TYPY OF THAILAND VISAS
Business visa is issued to applicants who wish to enter the Kingdom to conduct business
Working visa is issued to applicants who wish to enter the Kingdom to work
Teaching visa is issued to applicants who intend to take up employment as school teachers under university level in Thailand.
Long stay visa may be issued to applicants aged 50 years and over who wish to stay in Thailand for a period of not exceeding 1 year without the intention of working.
Tourist visa is issued to applicants who wish to enter the Kingdom for tourism purposes
Smart visa will encourage foreign talents and investors to invest in the 10 targeted industries of Thailand. It is hoped that the scheme will enhance knowledge transfer and increase the competitiveness of Thailand in the global economy.
REQUIRED DOCUMENTS FOR THAILAND VISA APPLICATION
- Original passport valid for at least 6(six) months to visit
- Visa application form signed by the applicant
- 2 passport photos in 4×6 cm size white background.
- A letter of business decision
- Copy of Vietnamese Business Visa / Vietnamese Residence Card with validity of more than 1 year for applicants applying for multiple-entry visa applied for foreigner working in Vietnam
- Copy of Vietnam work permit applied for foreigner living in Vietnam
- An authorized letter, in case the applicant not able to submit in person.
For business purpose providing the following documents
- An invitation letter from associated partners/companies in Thailand
- Corporate documents of associated partners/companies in Thailand such as:
– Business registration and business license;
– Balance sheet (Por Ngor Dor 50) of the latest year;
– Statement of Income Tax and Business Tax (Por Ngor Dor 30) of the latest year;
– Value-added tax registration (Por Por 20)
– A passport scanned copy of inviter
– Documents showing correspondence with business partners in Thailand
- A letter of business decision from a company in Vietnam indicating the applicant’s position, length of employment, salary and purpose of visit(s) to Thailand;
- Notarized true copy of Vietnam business registration certificate
Documents of Company’s registration in Vietnam (if in Vietnamese, the document must be translated into English and legalized by Department of External Relations located on 6 Alexander de Rhodes, Dist. 1, HCMC, with the validity not less than 6 months) for applicants residing in Vietnam
For tourist purpose proving the following documents
- A copy of hotel reservation;
- A copy of return air-ticket;
- Evidence of adequate finance (20,000 Baht per person and 40,000 Baht per family) applied for foreigners working in Vietnam;
- Letter of Employment certificate.
PERIOD OF STAY
Holder of this type of visa with single entry is entitled to stay in Thailand for a maximum period of 90 days. He or she may apply for an extension of stay at the Office of the Immigration Bureau and may be granted such extension for a period of one year from the date of first entry into Thailand.
Holder of multiple-entry visa is entitled to stay in Thailand for a maximum period of 90 days per each entry.
It takes from 2 to 4 working days
For further information, please contact us
‘Văn phòng Thanh Hóa: số 43 Hạc Thành, phường ba đình, TP Thanh Hóa
5th FloorAvenis Building145 Dien Bien Phu Street, District 1
Điện thoại: 0919271858
Email: Info@visa5s.com or Visa@ditravel.vn