Recently, there are more and more foreigners coming to Vietnam for working, investing, doing business and many Vietnamese citizens are married to a foreigner. Consequently, the need to bring their family to Vietnam for union is very demanding. The Vietnamese government, of course, has policies to help such reunion and one of the solutions they offer is Dependent Visa Vietnam or Dependent Relative Visas. So a lot of foreign labors in Vietnam or even Vietnamese people whose spouses or children are foreigners have wondered how to obtain a Dependent Visa Vietnam for their spouse and children? Is it easy to get dependent visa in Vietnam? In this article, Visa5s would like to give you a brief summary of all you need to know about Vietnam Dependent Visa for foreigners.
WHO CAN APPLY FOR DEPENDENT VISA IN VIETNAM?
Dependent visa is granted to family members of Vietnamese citizens or foreigners who are workers, investors, lawyers in Vietnam. Namely, the following people are permitted to apply for a Dependent Relative Visas – Categorized as TT visa:
– Foreigners who are dependent spouses/under 18-year-old children of Vietnamese citizens.
– Foreigners who are dependent spouses/under 18-year-old children of foreign who already has Vietnam Temporary residence card or necessary visa.
WHO QUALIFIES AS SPONSOR FOR DEPENDENT VISA IN VIETNAM
Like other types of Vietnam visa, dependent visa needs a sponsor for the foreigners to enter. The important difference is that the applicant must have family relationship with the sponsor, for example foreign applicant is a spouse or child of the sponsor. Basically, people who are able to sponsor their family relatives for a dependent visa in Vietnam comprise of:
– Vietnamese citizens;
– Foreigners that have been granted the long term visa or temporary residence card. The acceptable visa types of these foreigners include:
- Foreigners working in Vietnam requiring work permit or work permit exemption granted the Vietnam work permit and LĐ1, LĐ2 visa
- Foreigners investing in Vietnam granted the visa type of ĐT1, ĐT2, ĐT3, ĐT4;
- Foreigners working with Vietnam authorities or parties issued the visa type of LV1, LV2 visa;
- LS visa issued to foreigner lawyers practicing in Vietnam;
- NN1, NN2 visa issued to the chief representative of representative offices/ projects of international organizations and foreign NGOs in Viet Nam, the heads of representative offices, branches of foreign businesses; representative offices of foreign economic, cultural, and other professional institutions in Viet Nam;
- DH visa issued to foreign interns, students;
- PV1, PV2 visa issued to resident foreign correspondents and reporters in Viet Nam.
- PV2 – issued to foreign correspondents/reporters with short-term visa to Viet Nam
PROCEDURE TO APPLY DEPENDENT VISA IN VIETNAM
There are two types of visa for foreign dependants in Vietnam; both are marked as TT visa.
Step 1: Short term dependent visa – TT visa; Valid from 1 to 3 months with single or multiple entry
Step 2: Long term dependent visa replaced by the temporary residence card (TRC – type TT); Valid from 2 to 3 years with multiple entry
Depending on the time the dependants plan to stay in Vietnam, they can choose just to apply step 1 or go through 2 steps to get a long-term dependent visa in Vietnam.
HOW MANY DAYS WILL IT TAKE TO GET DEPENDANT VISA IN VIETNAM?
- For short term dependent visa: It takes about 4-5 working days to process the application.
- For long tern dependent visa: It takes about 7-10 working days counting from the time receiving all necessary documents.
Please note that the information mentioned above is just the time for reviewing and considering to approving e the application, and it excludes the time of preparation for the documents required. Therefore, the status of your dossiers, whether you have enough required documents or lack of some important ones, can affect the time process for obtaining a dependent relative visa. Dependency Visa Requirements for Vietnam are listed below for your reference.
WHAT ARE THE DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR VIETNAM DEPENDENT VISA?
From the sponsor of dependent spouses/children
1. If the sponsor is a Vietnamese citizen, please prepare:
a. Forms for applying short term and long term dependent visa in Vietnam – must be confirmed by the local police office where the sponsor is living
b. Identity Card – notarized true copy
c. Household registration certificate – notarized copy
2. If the sponsor is a foreigner who meets the requirements mentioned above:
a. Forms for applying short term and long term dependent visa in Vietnam – must be signed and seal by the legal representative of the company for which this foreigner is working
b. Vietnam Work permit or Work permit exemption certificate (if possible) – notarized copy
c. Temporary residence card or appropriate visa – notarized copy
From the dependent spouses / children themselves:
1. Marriage certificate – being legalized and translated into Vietnamese if is not issued in Vietnam
2. Birth certificate – being legalized and translated into Vietnamese if is not issued in Vietnam
3. Original copy of current passport
4. 3 photo in 2x3cm size
OTHER ARTCLES OF VIETNAM’S VISAS AND TEMPORARY RESIDENCE CARD
- Vietnam Electronic Visa (E-Visa) New Policy – Taking Effect From 01 July 2020
- Latest Policies of Vietnam Visa for foreigner from July 2020
- Steps to obtain the visa approval letter for visa on arrival in Vietnam
- All you need to know about Vietnam visa on arrival
- How To Apply Work Permit In Viet Nam
- How To Apply Work Permit Extension
- How To Apply For Vietnam Visa On Arrival
- How To Apply For Visa Extension In Vietnam
- How to apply for Extension of Temporary Residence Card
- Procedures For Lost Vietnam Temporary Residence Card
- Vietnam Temporary Residence Card For Foreigner’s Relative
- Who Can Get Vietnam Temporary Residence Card
- How To Apply Vietnam’s Visa For Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Iran, Pakistan, Turkey Citizens
For further information please contact:
Discovery Indochina Travel Co., Ltd
5th Floor | Platinum Building | 145 Dien Bien Phu Street, District 1 | Ho Chi Minh City | Vietnam
Tel: 028 39102358 | 028 39102359 Mobile: 0938228856 | 0906640505
Email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
www.visa5s.com | www.ditravel.vn