A Vietnam visa is required for all nationalities except those eligible for a visa exemption. With the visa exemption program, visitors can enter Vietnam with just their passport and a return ticket. If these visitors wish to stay longer than the stated period, they can apply for a visa at a local Vietnamese embassy or consulate in addvance before traveling to Vietnam; or apply for a Vietnam visa on arrival or apply an e-visa online to pick up the visa at Vietnam’s International Airports. While there are advantages and disadvantages associated with each of these, we recommend the Vietnam Visa on Arrival as the best option for the purposes of tourist, business and work considering a trip to Vietnam and the required documents must hold a passport valid for 6 months, 2 passport photos and visa stamping fee
ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT THE VIETNAM VISA ON ARRIVAL
<> What is Vietnam Visa on Arrival?
Visa on Arrival (VOA) is a legal document approved by the Vietnam Immigration Department. Some of the benefits outlined in the VOA are as follows:
- Legitimate: Vietnam Visa on Arrival – VOA is granted and approved by the Vietnam Department of Immigration;
- Convenient: In contrast with the past, with people departs from a country without Vietnamese embassy or consulate, or who don’t have enough time to go to the Vietnam Embassy or Consulate for obtaining Vietnam visa, they can have their Vietnam visa on arrival at the Vietnam international airports. After filling out an entry and exit form application and paying for fees, it often doesn’t require waiting or have delays in the process, after that they can get Vietnam visa stamped upon arrival at any Vietnam international airports. People call this is Vietnam Visa on Arrival.
- Cheap: Is often the lowest fee and best service afforded; The Vietnam visa stamping fee paid in cash at the airport is fixed, not extra-fee any more as some overseas Vietnam Embassy or Consulate
- Fast: Obtaining Vietnam Visa on Arrival can be completed within two business days. Often if there is an emergency, a Vietnam visa may be given within two to three hours.
<> Is the “Vietnam Visa on Arrival” legitimate?
Yes, it is! Vietnam Visa on Arrival is another way you are able to get a visa to visit Vietnam, instead of getting the visa stamped onto passport at the Vietnam Embassy. Known for being a convenient way to obtain a Vietnam visa in a short amount of time, a Vietnam Visa on Arrival – VOA has been mentioned in various news outlets, some of which include The New York Times, USA Today, Trip Advisor, and CNN. VOAs are granted by the Vietnam Department of Immigration, which arranges for documents to be picked up Vietnam visa upon arrival at one of Vietnam’s international airports.
<> Steps to get Vietnam visa on arrival?
In order to get Vietnam visa on arrival at the international airports, or international border crossings, or seaports, international visitor to Vietnam must apply for a tourist or business approval letter in advance. What is the Approval Letter? The Visa Approval Letter is a letter issued by the Immigration Department of Vietnam allowing you to enter and exit Vietnam for a given period of time. With your Approval Letter, you can pick up your Vietnam Visa on Arrival at one of five international airports in Vietnam. These international airports include:
- Noi Bai Airport in Hanoi
- Da Nang Airport in Da Nang
- Tan Son Nhat Airport in Ho Chi Minh City
- Cam Rang Airport in Nha Trang
- Phu Quoc Airport in Kien Giang
At the airport, the airport immigration officer will verify the details of the Approval Letter based on your passport and travel documents. As long as you have entered the correct information on your visa application, you should have no problems being granted visa into Vietnam with your Approval Letter.
PROCEDURES TO OBTAIN A VIETNAM VISA ON ARRIVAL
If you’re planning to get a tourist, business, working, investment visa in Vietnam, you need to have a sponsored company has been registered and operating in Vietnam. The whole procedure for Vietnam visa on arrival must go through 2 steps: 1- The first step, have a visa Approval Letter (Pre-Visa Approval letter) sponsored by a company in Vietnam, issued by the Ministry of Public Security in advance; 2- The second step, the applicant pick up the Vietnam visa on arrival by themselves at the Vietnam’s international airports include: Ho Chi Minh City, Hanoi, Da Nang, Nha Trang or Phu Quoc
<1> The first step: Obtaining a Pre-visa approval letter on arrival from Vietnam Immigration Department
For the purposes of tourist, business, work or investment, the applicants are required a Visa Approval Letter from the Ministry of Public Security in advance obtained by a company in Vietnam. The Visa Approval Letter is the legal document approved by the Vietnam Immigration Department to allow foreigners enter into Vietnam and pick up Vietnam visa on arrival at all Vietnam’s international airports upon arrival: the international airports include Noi Bai International Airport (Hanoi); Tan Son Nhat International Airport (Ho Chi Minh City); Da Nang International Airport (Da Nang); Cam Ranh International Airport (Nha Trang); Phu Quoc International Airport (Kien Giang)
** The required documents need to provide both the applicant and Vietnam’s sponsor company
- A notary certified copy of sponsor company’s business or investment or representative license in Vietnam, tax and stamp registration certificate;
- Visa application forms must be signed and sealed by a legal representative of the company;
- Scanning the applicant’s passport;
- Providing the proposed date of arrival (this is the date you want your visa to start from, the start date of the visa itself will be the day you arrive – you can enter Vietnam at a later date (up to your exit date) but not before that date, so be sure to take time zone differences into account);
- The place of picking up the Vietnam visa on arrival at any Vietnam international airports: Ho Chi Minh City, Hanoi, Da Nang, Cam Ranh, or Phu Quoc
** Where to get the visa approval letter on arrival
The sponsored company in Vietnam must submit the dossiers into Ministry of Public Security in advance to obtain the visa approval letter on arrival, takes from 5 to 7 workings day to get the visa approval letter. Here is the contact details of the three major Immigration Departments located in all 3 major regions of Vietnam – the North, Center and South:
- Ho Chi Minh City – In The South
Ministry of Public Security Department Of Immigration: 254 Nguyen Trai Street, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City
- In the Central – Da Nang:
Ministry of Public Security Department Of Immigration: 7 Tran Quy Cap, Da Nang City
- In the North – Ha Noi:
Ministry of Public Security Department Of Immigration: 44-46 Tran Phu Street, Hanoi, Vietnam
<2> The second step: Required documents for picking up the Vietnam Visa on arrival
After receiving the visa approval letter from the company in Vietnam, you should check all necessary information on the approval letter; especially the most important thing allows you to obtain the Vietnam visa on arrival, if everything is correct. You are able to get your Vietnam visa stamped at the international airport with the following documents:
- Applicant’s original passport must be valid for six months from your intended arrival date, and must have at least one blank visa page;
- 2 passport sized photographs (4×6 cm);
- The copy of visa approval letter
- Complete the entry and exit application form;
- Visa stamping fee depending on the visa single or multiple entry and visa validity paid in cash upon arrival
Vietnam Visa on arrival fees
When applying for Vietnam visa on Arrival, there are two types of fees- Service fee & Stamping fee visa on arrival.
** Service fee
The service fee is the cost which you would be paying online as you apply for the Vietnam visa application by yourself. This is the fee needed to grant the Vietnam visa approved letter to foreigners by Vietnamese Immigration Department via electronic system. The standard fee for online application for 1 month single entry visa is from USD12 which comes to USD17 for 1 month multiple entries visa. If you are applying for 3 month single entry it’s like USD25 and the Vietnam visa cost for 3 month multiple entries would be around USD38.
** Stamping fee for Vietnam visa on arrival
The visa stamping fee is the charge which you must pay directly to the airport Immigration at the Vietnam international airport on your arrival. The fee involves the charge for your Vietnam visa on Arrival, the visa will be stamped on your passport from the airport Immigration. The standard stamping fee as the following:
- The visa stamping fee for 1 month single entry: USD25 per person (only single entry with 1-month-stay in Vietnam)
- The visa stamping fee for 1 month multiple entries: USD50 (Multiple entries with 1 month stay in Vietnam)
- The visa stamping fee for 3 month single entry: USD25 (Single entry with 3-month-stay in Vietnam)
- The visa stamping fee for 3 month multiple entries: USD50 (Multiple entries with 3-month-stay)
- The visa stamping fee for 6 month multiple entries: USD95 (Multiple entries with 6-month-stay)
- The visa stamping fee for 1 year multiple entries: USD135 (Multiple entries with 1-month-stay)
OTHER INFORMATION RELATED TO VIETNAM’S VISAS AND TEMPORARY RESIDENCE CARD
- How To Apply Work Permit In Viet Nam
- How To Apply Work Permit Extension
- How To Apply For Vietnam Visa On Arrival
- How To Apply For Visa Extension In Vietnam
- How to apply for Extension of Temporary Residence Card
- Procedures For Lost Vietnam Temporary Residence Card
- Vietnam Temporary Residence Card For Foreigner’s Relative
- Who Can Get Vietnam Temporary Residence Card
- How To Apply Vietnam Visa On Arrival
- How To Extend or Renew Visa In Vietnam
- How To Apply Vietnam’s Visa For Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Iran, Pakistan, Turkey Citizens
Thông tin liên hệ:
‘Văn phòng Thanh Hóa: số 43 Hạc Thành, phường ba đình, TP Thanh Hóa
5th FloorPlatinum Building | 145 Dien Bien Phu Street, District 1 | Ho Chi Minh City | Vietnam
Điện thoại: 0919271858 0938228856 | 0906640505