To integrate into the global economy, Vietnam government has created pretty many favorable conditions to attract foreign workforce. Therefore, many foreign experts come to Vietnam to work and Vietnam Work Permit applications are always an issue they might concern too much. The expert has to apply for Vietnam Work Permit in order to get a long-term visa or Temporary Residence Card (TRC). Below is the specific guideline about Vietnam Work Permit applications for expert specifically. Let’s take a tour to explore it.
AN OVERVIEW OF WORK PERMIT IN VIETNAM FOR FOREIGN EXPERT – HAVE YOU EVER KNOWN?
<1>. What is Vietnam Work Permit?
Vietnam Work Permit is granted for those who enter Vietnam with the aim at working longer than 3 months issued by the Department of Labor, Invalid and Society.
As a foreign expert, you have to meet these following requirements to obtain Vietnam Work Permit:
- Foreign expert are at least 18 years of age;
- There is capacity for civil acts fully in accordance with the law;
- They have the qualifications and working experience in accordance with the requirements of Vietnamese laws;
- They are a manager, executive director, expert or technical worker;
- Foreign expert is in good enough health to satisfy job requirements in Vietnam
- Foreign expert is NOT a criminal or being prosecuted for criminal liability in accordance with the laws of Viet Nam and foreign laws;
Work permit validity: equal to the duration of the labor contract to be signed as far as the period is less than 02 years.
To know more about Work Permit Exemption, CLICK HERE.
<2>. Why does foreign expert have to obtain Vietnam work permit or work permit exemption certificate?
All of foreign expert is required to obtain Vietnam Work Permit or work permit exemption certificate if they wish to work in Vietnam more than 3 months according to the decree (11/2016/ND-CP). If not, you will be penalized and expelled/ deported in accordance with the laws of Vietnam is deported in accordance with the laws of Vietnam
THREE REQUIRED DOCUMENTS FOREIGN EXPERT MUST HAVE
To work in Vietnam legally, foreign experts must meet three following documents.
- Short Term Business visa
- Work Permit or Work Permit Exemption Certificate
- Long Term Visa replaced by Temporary Residence Card
SPECIFIC INFORMATION OF VIETNAM WORK PERMIT APPLICATION FOR A FOREIGN EXPERT
To obtain Vietnam Work Permit, a foreign expert has to go through two steps and meet these required documents.
Step 1: Submit Form No 1 – explanation of foreign labor usage plan to Department of Labor, Invalids and Social Affairs
Before at least 30 days since the day foreign experts expect to work for employer “The Companies or Organizations” in Vietnam. These companies shall submit documents as registration on the need of foreign labours, work permit application forms and required documents to provincial Department of Labour, Invalids and Social Affairs at where foreign labors are going to work.
Step 2: Prepare and Submit required documents for Work Permit Issuance
You should contact a charismatic agency about Work Permit Service to get more information. Basically, following are documents you must prepare and submit to your provider:
- Education background i.e bachelor, master, doctorate or appropriate qualifications;
- A working experience letter or expertise position certificate confirms that foreign expert worked at least 03 years at the same specialist position.
- Foreign Police Clearance Certificate or Vietnam Criminal Record is valid within 6 months from the date of issuance;
- Health certificate or medical certificate issued by a competent foreign or Vietnamese health care agency or organization valid for 12 months from the date of signing to the application date;
- 2 recent color photos with size 4x6cm (white background, front, bareheaded, without sunglasses), taken within 06 months prior to the application date.
- 2 notarized copies with full pages (the notarization procedure can be made in Vietnam by public notary office within 3 months before the submission date)
If you would like to know more about Work Permit Extension or other services, let’s click these links as below. We hope that our brief article will help you during issuing your Vietnam Work Permit.
OTHER ARTICLES RELATED TO VIETNAM’S WORK PERMIT, VISAS AND TEMPORARY RESIDENCE CARD
- New Policy Of Vietnam Electronic Visas For Foreigner From July 2020
- Latest Updates on Work Permit Vietnam for Foreigner
- How To Get Vietnam Work Permit For Management Position
- Vietnam Submits New Issues Of Vietnam Work Permit
- Vietnam Work Permit Termination – Foreigners Must Know
- How To Extend or Renew Visa In Vietnam
- How To Apply Work Permit In Viet Nam
- How To Apply Work Permit Extension
- How To Apply For Vietnam Visa On Arrival
- How To Apply For Visa Extension In Vietnam
- How to apply for Extension of Temporary Residence Card
- Procedures For Lost Vietnam Temporary Residence Card
- Vietnam Temporary Residence Card For Foreigner’s Relative
- Who Can Get Vietnam Temporary Residence Card
For further information please contact:
Discovery Indochina Travel Co., Ltd
5th Floor | Platinum Building | 145 Dien Bien Phu Street, District 1 | Ho Chi Minh City | Vietnam
Tel: 028 39102358 | 028 39102359 Mobile: 0938228856 | 0906640505
www.visa5s.com | www.ditravel.vn