Vietnam has been chosen to celebrate major international exchange programs in recent years in order to attract foreign students to study, do research, do volunteer works, as well as enhance internationalization level of Vietnam. Luckily, Vietnam has agreed on Vietnam work permit exemption for foreigners who stay in Vietnam with international exchange purposes. Nevertheless, it is true that not all international students and volunteers are automatically exempted from work permit in Vietnam but you need to go through a procedure to obtain it. Papers proving that you are eligible for Vietnam work permit exemption is a prior requirement you need to obtain. It will be our pleasure today to help you figure out the conditions and procedure of Vietnam work permit exemption for international exchange purposes with the post below.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE FOR VIETNAM WORK PERMIT EXEMPTION FOR INTERNATIONAL EXCHANGE?
For foreigners who intend to enter Vietnam for international exchange purposes, please check out these acceptable entities for Vietnam work permit exemption, who include:
- International students working and studying in Vietnam; however, the employer must notify the local departments of labors about their immigration before 7 days;
- Students who are studying in schools, academies, or institutions in foreign countries execute their practicum at agencies, organizations or companies in Vietnam upon agreements;
- Working as volunteers certified by foreign diplomatic missions or international organizations in Vietnam;
- Volunteers are unpaid foreign workers who voluntarily work in Vietnam to implement the International Treaties to which the Socialist Republic of Vietnam is a signatory;
- Other cases decided by the Prime Minister at the request of the Ministry of Labor – Invalids and Social Affairs.
PROCEDURE OF ISSUANCE VIETNAM WORK PERMIT EXEMPTION FOR INTERNATIONAL EXCHANGE
According to Decree 11/2016-CP for foreign students and volunteers to work legally in Vietnam, the employer must go through 2 steps below at least 30 working days before the arrival date of international students/volunteers:
- Step 1: The employersubmits a written request for the certification that the students/volunteers are exempt from work permits to the provincial Department of Labor – Invalids and Social Affairs;”
- Step 2: Once the request is accepted, the employer continues to send the application dossiers to the provincial Department of Labor – Invalids and Social Affairs to certify these international students/volunteers are exempt from work permits in Vietnam.
Attention: The validity of Vietnam work permit exemption certificate will not exceed 2 years.
OTHER INFORMATION RELATED TO VIETNAM’S WORK PERMIT, VISAS AND TEMPORARY RESIDENCE CARD
- How To Apply Work Permit In Viet Nam
- How To Apply Work Permit Extension
- How To Apply For Vietnam Visa On Arrival
- How To Apply For Visa Extension In Vietnam
- How to apply for Extension of Temporary Residence Card
- Procedures For Lost Vietnam Temporary Residence Card
- Vietnam Temporary Residence Card For Foreigner’s Relative
- Who Can Get Vietnam Temporary Residence Card
- How To Apply Vietnam Visa On Arrival
- How To Extend or Renew Visa In Vietnam
- How To Apply Vietnam’s Visa For Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Iran, Parkistan, Turkey Citizens
For further information please contact:
Discovery Indochina Travel Co., Ltd
5th Floor | Platinum Building | 145 Dien Bien Phu Street, District 1 | Ho Chi Minh City | Vietnam
Tel: 028 39102358 | 028 39102359 Mobile: 0938228856 | 0906640505
www.visa5s.com | www.ditravel.vn