In current time, Vietnam has co-operated with the world in different sectors. Moreover, Vietnam tourism has developed prosperously. Every year, a great number of foreign travelers or businessmen, investors visit Vietnam. Visa Exemption is one of the parts of diplomatic policy to integrate with other countries and luckily British is a member in 15 days Vietnam Visa Exemption family, which means British can enter Vietnam without visa for business, visit relatives or tourism purposes. To get free visa, British citizens have to satisfy these following requirements. Please check carefully step by step to make your trip to Vietnam run smoothly.
I. 15-DAY VIETNAM VISA EXEMPTION – THE BRITISH CITIZEN ONLY
From November 2015, British citizens can enter and stay in Vietnam for up to 15 days without visa for business or tourism purposes. Due to this agreement between two governments, Businessmen and travellers are free to enter Vietnam to immerse them in beautiful country and explore business making. For those who would like to stay more than 15 days, they will have to issue a Vietnam visa to have a permission to enter and stay in Vietnam.
II. CHECKING STEPS FOR BRITISH CAN ENTER WITHOUT VISA
- Check your passport
To get the immigration stamps on the passport, your passport must be:
- Validity: at least 6 months following the arrival day in Vietnam according to your plan
- Blank page: at least 2
- Nationality: British
- Check your entry day
British citizens granted unilateral visa-free entry no more than 15 days, after 15 days visa exemption they must leave Vietnam for their home or another country and it takes at least 30 days since the latest exit from Vietnam to enter again without Vietnam visa. If they wish to stay longer in Vietnam, they can extend the visa for 30 days maximum.
YOU NEED TO KNOW BEFORE EXTENDING OR RENEWING THE VISA IN VIETNAM
Extending and renewing the Visa mean that the Vietnam Immigration Department will issue a new Visa stamp or visa sticker paper on your passport with new expiry date, so you are able to stay in Vietnam until that day. With visa extension and visa renewal, you do not need to leave the country, because the procedures will be done while you are in Vietnam. Your visa must be extended or renewed from 5 to 7 days before the visa expiration date to make sure that you will not charged for the penalty fee of overstaying.
The visa extension and renewal include following cases:
- Business Visa: can be extended for from 1 month to 1 year maximum
- Tourist Visa: can be extended for 3 months maximum
- Visa exemption stamp: can be extended for 15 days
- Overstay the visa: can be extended for from 15 to 30 days (exit visa stamp)
Note that the visa extension length depends on the current visa type, nationality, the time of the year and purpose. So we recommend you to contact directly to our team to check your case. Only a limited number of nationalities are eligible to apply for the visa extension or renewal, and the requirements change accordingly as well
CONDITIONS FOR VISA EXTENSION AND RENEWAL
- Passport must be valid for more than 6 months from the time of extension and has at least 2 blank pages;
- A valid Vietnam’s visa;
- Foreigners that enter, leave, transit through, or reside in Vietnam are obliged to comply with Vietnam’s law; respect Vietnam’s traditions and customs; and engaged in activities in Vietnam in accordance with the stated purpose of entry;
- The required documents for business visa extension must have a sponsored company in Vietnam;
- The duration of a visa shall be at least 30 days shorter than that of the passport or international laissez-passer;
- Only a limited number of nationalities are eligible to apply for a visa extension/renewal, and the requirements change accordingly as well;
- Providing the proof of temporary residence in Vietnam certified the local police station.
OTHER INFORMATION RELATED TO VIETNAM’S WORK PERMIT, VISAS AND TEMPORARY RESIDENCE CARD
- Fastest Way To Apply Vietnam Investor Visa
- Which Steps To Apply Investor Visa In Vietnam
- How To Apply For Vietnam Visa On Arrival
- Vietnam Business Visa For Us Citizen Advantages And Disadvantages
- How To Obtain Vietnam Visa On Arrival For Us Citizens
- How Can I Apply For Business Visa In Vietnam?
- Who Can Get Vietnam Temporary Residence Card
- How To Extend or Renew Visa In Vietnam
- How To Apply Vietnam’s Visa For Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Iran, Parkistan, Turkey Citizens
For further information please contact:
Discovery Indochina Travel Co., Ltd
5th Floor | Platinum Building | 145 Dien Bien Phu Street, District 1 | Ho Chi Minh City | Vietnam
Tel: 028 39102358 | 028 39102359 Mobile: 0938228856 | 0906640505
www.visa5s.com | www.ditravel.vn | Email: Visa@ditravel.vn