Temporary Residence Card would be an ideal document for foreigners because of its huge advantages. Once the foreigner possesses a temporary residence card, he/she will avoid frequent Vietnam visa or Vietnam visa extension application since the temporary residence card acts as a proof of the foreigner’s identity and can be used as a visa. Moreover, the validity of a temporary residence card is quite long, depending on certain types of the temporary residence card. However, not so much foreign people know what a whole procedure to obtain temporary residence card in Vietnam looks like. Visa5s right now will assist you step-by-step how to obtain Temporary Residence Card in Vietnam in the most detailed way. Do not hesitate but let us explore the following post!
BEFORE OBTAINING TEMPORARY RESIDENCE CARD IN VIETNAM
Before obtaining Temporary Residence Card in Vietnam, there are some notes you should know. Let us take a look below:
- Temporary Residence Card will not be issued to foreigners whose passports are valid for less than 1 year
- The term of a Temporary Residence Card is equal to the term of foreigner’s work permit and only up to 5 years
- The term of a Temporary Residence Card is shorter at least 30 days than the term of the passport
- Expired temporary residence card may be renewed.
- The Temporary Residence Card is only issued foreign investors, shareholders named on investment license or business registration certificate in Vietnam. It is also issued to expats who is salaried and works in any place of Vietnam.
- Processing time: no more than 7 working days from the date of receipt of completed application dossier.
- Agencies implement the procedure of Temporary Residence Card in Vietnam:
** In Ho Chi Minh City:
- The Ho Chi Minh City Police Department’s Immigration Office: 196 Nguyen Thi Minh Khai Street, Ward 6, District 3, Ho Chi Minh City
- Ministry of Public Security Department Of Immigration: 254 Nguyen Trai Street, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City
** In Da Nang: 7 Tran Quy Cap, Da Nang City
** In Ha Noi: 44-46 Tran Phu Street, Hanoi
DETAILED STEPS TO OBTAIN TEMPORARY RESIDENCE CARD IN VIETNAM
Detailed steps to obtain Temporary Residence Card in Vietnam will be presented like this:
Step 1: Prepare essential paper in accordance with Vietnam laws, comprising:
- A valid and suitable Vietnam visa (LD or DN);
- Notarized copy of Vietnam work permit;
- Notarized copy of legal entity profile of guaranteed bodies, organizations or enterprises which asked for the issuance of Temporary Residence Card, and under specific circumstances.
- Request form for Temporary Residence Card;
- Declaration of foreign applicant’s information;
- 02 passport-sized photos;
- Original passport;
- Proof of residence registration by local police office
Step 2: Submit temporary residence card application to the local office of the Immigration Department – Ministry of Public Security. Kindly take note that NG3 Temporary Residence Card must be submitted to the competent authority of the Ministry of Affairs.
After receiving application, the officers will check the legality and contents of documents:
- If the application is completed and valid: the documents are accepted, officers print and hand the receipts, set the date of receiving result.
- If the application is not valid: the officer checking this application will guide the applicant to provide additional documents.
Step 3: Receive result after 5-7 working days from the date of receiving application. The applicant should pay attention to bring the receipt, personal paper, and application fee.
OTHER INFORMATION RELATED TO VIETNAM’S WORK PERMIT, VISAS AND TEMPORARY RESIDENCE CARD
- How To Apply Work Permit In Viet Nam
- How To Apply Work Permit Extension
- How To Apply For Vietnam Visa On Arrival
- How To Apply For Visa Extension In Vietnam
- How to apply for Extension of Temporary Residence Card
- Procedures For Lost Vietnam Temporary Residence Card
- Vietnam Temporary Residence Card For Foreigner’s Relative
- Who Can Get Vietnam Temporary Residence Card
- How To Apply Vietnam Visa On Arrival
- How To Extend or Renew Visa In Vietnam
- How To Apply Vietnam’s Visa For Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Iran, Parkistan, Turkey Citizens
For further information please contact:
Discovery Indochina Travel Co., Ltd
5th Floor | Platinum Building | 145 Dien Bien Phu Street, District 1 | Ho Chi Minh City | Vietnam
Tel: 028 39102358 | 028 39102359 Mobile: 0938228856 | 0906640505
www.visa5s.com | www.ditravel.vn