Vietnam travel visa is the most popular style of visa used by international visitor to Vietnam, and extending travel visa in Vietnam is also very popular and easy with foreign visitor who need to stay longer in Vietnam for exploring the beauty country or visiting friend. There are 2 options for the current travel visa to have more stay in Vietnam that is travel visa extension and visa renewal. You might hesitate and wonder which service is better and cheaper for you. Based on your current visa type, nationality, time of submission are factors affecting the requirements, price of visa extension. Practically, travel visa extension can bring to you such pretty many benefits such as rather simple procedures, cheaper service fee, more convenient, and faster. After only 2 working days for urgent progress, you will receive your extension visa stamp to prolong your wonderful travel day in our country.
WHEN WILL YOU NEED TO EXTEND OR RENEW TRAVEL VISA IN VIETNAM?
1. Extending travel visa in Vietnam
Extending travel visa in Vietnam means that extends your stay only and issues a new permission stay on the passport, you will be able to stay longer in Vietnam without leaving the country, if you exit Vietnam before your visa expired, the visa is invalid immediately. if you wish to come back Vietnam, a new travel visa is required.
The benefits of extending travel visa in Vietnam:
- The visa extension fee is much cheaper than visa renewal
- Allowed to extend for maximum of 3 times
- Less paperwork
- More convenient
- Saving time
In order to apply for travel visa extension, your current visa has to meet some requirements of Vietnam Immigration Department. The term of travel visa extension as the following.
- Extending travel visa for one month: The current visa must be one month or 3 month single or 3 month multiple entry visa
- Extending travel visa for three months: The current visa must be 3 month single or 3 month multiple entry visa
- Extending travel visa for 15 days: The current visa must be 15-day free visa exemption or 1 month single visa.
2. Renewing travel visa in Vietnam
Renewing the travel visa in Vietnam is similar to extension, a small difference that you are granted a new travel visa stamp and visa sticker paper on your passport with the new duration permission. The new travel visa is valid from 1 month to 3 months, single or multiple entries. The renewing travel visa depends on multiple factors like what documents and visa type do you have, your nationality, the time of the year, the visa law in Vietnam changing all the time and other stuff.
The pros and cons of renewing travel visa in Vietnam:
- The visa renewal fee is higher than the visa extension fee because the visa stamping fee and visa sticker fee must be paid at the time of submission
- Allowed to upgrade the current visa from 1 month to 3 months – single or multiple entries
- Have a new travel visa sticker as the beginning
- The processing time may takes longer than visa extension
- The visa renewal result is uncertain and varies from time to time
For the reasons mentioned above, you have the appropriate option of applying a new travel visa by obtained a new travel approval letter for one month/three month, single/multiple entry visa which can be picked up the new travel visa at Moc Bai border grossing in Tay Ninh province – Vietnam Visa Run, 80 km away from Sai Gon and neighbor provinces, where you cross to Cambodia and return instantly. This will certainly be more convenient, cheaper and save you a lot of hassle and time. While this procedure is not well-received by some officials, it is still perfectly legal.
WHAT ARE BENEFITS OF EXTENDING TRAVEL VISA IN VIETNAM?
If you granted a Vietnam travel visa or came into Vietnam on the 15 days visa exemption: English-UK, Japan, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Norway, South Korea and Sweden, after quickly falling in love with the country, or need more time to explore the beautiful country, spend more time for relatives, friends. What should you do to stay longer in Vietnam with travel visa and what are benefits of travel visa extension? And will you leave the country or not?
- Extending travel visa will be processed in Vietnam right here
- You do not need to leave Vietnam
- Save much time
- Not complex required documents
- Save pretty much money
- Having a new travel visa extension stay within 2 days – urgent service
- Legal process
HOW MANY TIMES CAN YOU EXTEND A TRAVEL VISA IN VIETNAM?
Vietnam travel visa is granted to foreign visitors entering Vietnam for travel, relative and friend visit purpose. The travel visa duration can be issued from 1 month to 3 months for single or multiple-entries. Completely, depending on the nationality you come from. The question is without the answer yet – how many times can they extend the Vietnam travel visa?
Normally, if foreign visitor granted a travel visa or visa exemption and came from the developed countries, or good relationship with Vietnam government like as Japan, Korea, United Kingdom, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Norway, Sweden, Australia, New Zealand, Cuba,…the travel visa is allowed to extend or renew the visa for maximum of 3 times.
Meanwhile, the citizens coming from Middle East, including Turkish, Bangladesh, Jordan, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, Oman, Palestine, Qatar, Tunisia, the United Arab Emirates, and Yemen, etc. are allowed to extend the travel visa for one time only and must leave the country for a new travel visa.
Your current travel visa is 1 month single or multiple entries, if you want to upgrade the visa from 1 month to 3 month, you need to apply for a new 3 months single or multiple entries, and this service calls Vietnam visa renewal, the fee is higher than visa extension or stay extension.
How may time can you extend a Vietnam visa exemption?
Vietnam visa exemption is granted to the citizens of United Kingdom, Japan, Korea, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Norway, Sweden and Southeast Asia countries. The visa duration is issued between 15 days or 30 days of free entry visa. Vietnam visa exemption can be allowed to extend 02 times at maximum. The term of this extension is 15-day, 30-day, or visa renewal for 3-month single entry, depending on certain circumstances.
REQUIRED DOCUMENTS FOR EXTENDING TRAVEL VISA IN VIETNAM
The travel visa Vietnam marked as DL – granted to foreigners who come to Vietnam for the purpose of tourist, relative visit. For safety reason, we do recommend extending Vietnam travel Visa some days before your visa date expires; it’d better before at least 7 days. Completing the visa extension takes from 5 to 7 days, depends on the nationality, time of the submission and visa validity. Extending travel visa in Vietnam should prepare the following dossiers:
- Applicant’s original passport;
- A valid Vietnam visa marked as DL, VR or visa exemption stamp
- A copy of Vietnam entry stamp
- Port of entry name;
- Your current address in Vietnam;
- Original certificate of temporary residence in Vietnam (if any);
If your passport is lost or stolen, you must follow the following steps:
- Obtain a passport lost report certified by the local police station where you are temporarily staying;
- Apply for a new travel document as passport/ travel permit/diplomatic note from the Embassy or Consulate-General;
- Obtain an letter of confirmation from the Embassy or Consulate-General;
- Obtain an exit or replacement visa in order to leave Vietnam.
OTHER INFORMATION RELATED TO VIETNAM’S WORK PERMIT, VISAS AND TEMPORARY RESIDENCE CARD
- How To Apply Work Permit In Viet Nam
- How To Apply Work Permit Extension
- How To Apply For Vietnam Visa On Arrival
- How To Apply For Visa Extension In Vietnam
- How to apply for Extension of Temporary Residence Card
- Procedures For Lost Vietnam Temporary Residence Card
- Vietnam Temporary Residence Card For Foreigner’s Relative
- Who Can Get Vietnam Temporary Residence Card
- How To Apply Vietnam Visa On Arrival
- How To Extend or Renew Visa In Vietnam
- How To Apply Vietnam’s Visa For Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Iran, Parkistan, Turkey Citizens
For further information:
Discovery Indochina Travel Co., Ltd
5th Floor | Platinum Building | 145 Dien Bien Phu Street, District 1 | Ho Chi Minh City | Vietnam
Tel: 028 39102358 | 028 39102359 Mobile: 0938228856 | 0906640505
Email: Info@visa5s.com or Visa@ditravel.vn
www.visa5s.com | www.ditravel.vn