Vietnamese Criminal Record is issued by the competent authorities of Vietnam included Justice Department of provinces, cities and Vietnam National Criminal Record Center. There are 2 forms of Vietnamese Criminal Record Cards, which is the form No. 1 and No. 2 also granted to both Vietnamese and foreign citizens. The Vietnamese Criminal Record or Police Clearance Certificate or Police Background Check supports for many personal purposes such as applying for a work permit, for marriage certificate abroad, for residence abroad, or for doing business etc. How to apply for Vietnamese Criminal Record in or outside Vietnam? What are conditions to obtain the Vietnamese Criminal Record? In this article, you will find all information about the Vietnamese Criminal Record Card.
WHAT IS VIETNAMESE CRIMINAL RECORD
Vietnamese Criminal Record/Police Check Certificate/ Police Background Check or Police Clearance Certificate is the same name, the certificate issued by the Vietnam Provincial Justice Department or the National Center for Judicial Records to individuals including Vietnamese Citizens and Foreigners in response to their request in relation to criminal convictions while residing in Vietnam, the criminal record card proves that the individuals have or have not criminal record, ban or not banned from holding position, establishment, business management, cooperation in case of the enterprises, cooperatives were declared bankrupt by Court.
The Vietnamese Criminal Record card has 2 types which are Criminal Record Card No 1 and No 2, both are valid for 6 months from the date of issuance.
WHAT ARE CONDITIONS TO OBTAIN VIETNAMESE CRIMINAL RECORD CARD
Conditions to apply Vietnamese criminal record for foreigners are that they have stayed in Vietnam, or residing abroad but resided in Vietnam before leaving the country. Vietnamese citizens need to provide proof of nationality such as household registration book, identity card or passport, while foreign nationals must prove they have resided or stayed in Vietnam through documents such as valid visa or expired visa of Vietnam, or Vietnam Five Year Exemption, or Vietnam Residence Card, Vietnam entry stamp, furthermore, it depends on the time the foreigner submits the Criminal record application as well as applies by online or in person that the relevant authorities may request additional certification of residential registration certified by a local police where the foreigner resides.
HOW TO APPLY FOR VIETNAME CRIMINAL RECORD
To obtain a Vietnam Criminal Background Check in Vietnam, Vietnamese citizens and foreigners who have been living in Vietnam or residing in Overseas can obtain Criminal Record Certificate from their local provincial justice department. If they no longer live in Vietnam, but need a Vietnam Criminal Background Check for the period of time that they stayed in Vietnam, they can request it from the Provincial Justice Department or the National Center for Judicial Record.
► Information and documents need to provide to apply for Vietnam Criminal Background Check
Depending on the purpose of use, either Vietnam Criminal Record Form No. 1 or Form No. 2 would be required. Foreigners working in Vietnam, applying for a new job etc the Criminal Record Form No. 1 is commonly required to supplement the documents at the request of the relevant authorities in Vietnam or foreign authorities.
- Original copy of completed Criminal Background Check Application Form – Form No 03/2013/TT-LLTP (TO KHAI YEU CAU CAP PHIEU LY LICH TU PHAP VIET NAM), fill out personal information correctly according to passport.
- A scanned copy of current passport and original copy of passport.
- A scanned copy of Vietnam visa, visa exemption certificate or residence card.
- A scanned copy of entry stamp of Vietnam.
- Original or a certified copy of residential registration certificate for foreigners / permanent residence certificate for Vietnamese citizens
- Applicable fees pay upon the time of submission
On the date of submission, the applicant can choose the way of receiving the result of Vietnam Criminal Background Check by post or in person.
► Guide to Prepare for Documents and Vietnam Criminal Record Application Form
- Residential Registration Certificate: Foreigners want to apply for Vietnam Criminal Record, one of the most important documents is a certificate of temporary residence registration confirmed or certified by a Ward Police where they are residing, it must submit along with other documents. The registration and procedures of certificate of temporary residence handled by the landlords or landladies, the registration of temporary residence for foreigner is MUST and in accordance with Vietnam laws.
- Vietnam Criminal Record Application Form: The applicant should choose a correct form – Form No 03/2013/TT-LLTP as required, complete all information on the form, and the most important is to apply for the Criminal Record Card No 1 or Card No 2, which one is matching with the purpose of use
► How long does it takes to obtain the Vietnam Criminal Background Check?
From 15 to 20 business days from the date the Provincial Justice Department or the National Center for Judicial Record receives the Criminal Background Check application from the applicant. Online application needs some additional days for couriering.
► Vietnamese citizens and foreigners are residing abroad can apply for a Vietnamese criminal record online at the National Center for Judicial Record
- The National Center for Judicial Checks
- 9 Tran Vi Street, Mai Dich Ward, Cau Giay District, Hanoi
► Vietnamese citizens and foreigners are residing in Vietnam can apply for a Vietnamese criminal record in person at any Provincial Justice Department.
Vietnamese citizens and foreigners are living in Ho Chi Minh City, Ha Noi City or Da Nang City can submit the documents for Vietnam Criminal Record
Department of Justice of Ho Chi Minh City
- 143 Pasteur, Ward 6, District 3, Ho Chi Minh City
- Tel: 028 3829 0230
Department of Justice of Ha Noi
- 221 Tran Phu, Van Quan Ward, Ha Dong District, Hanoi
- Tel: 024 3312 0878
Department of Justice of Da Nang
- 24 Tran Phu Street, Da Nang City
- Tel: (+84) 236 3 822822 / (+84) 236 3 895267
OTHER ARTICLES OF VIETNAM’S CRIMINAL RECORD, WORK PERMIT, VISAS AND RESIDENCE CARD
- Vietnam Police Check For Foreigner Living In Vietnam
- Procedure To Apply For Vietnam Police Check Certificate
- How To Apply Work Permit In Viet Nam
- How To Apply Work Permit Extension
- How To Apply For Vietnam Visa On Arrival
- How To Apply For Visa Extension In Vietnam
- How to apply for Extension of Temporary Residence Card
- Procedures For Lost Vietnam Temporary Residence Card
- Vietnam Temporary Residence Card For Foreigner’s Relative
- Who Can Get Vietnam Temporary Residence Card
For further information please contact:
Discovery Indochina Travel Co., Ltd
5th Floor | Platinum Building | 145 Dien Bien Phu Street, District 1 | Ho Chi Minh City | Vietnam
Tel: 028 39102358 | 028 39102359 Mobile: 0938228856 | 0906640505
www.visa5s.com | www.ditravel.vn