Foreigners wish to extend Vietnam visa for the purpose of staying longer in Vietnam for travelling, visiting relatives and friends, looking for business opportunities, market research in Vietnam, or changing the entry purpose (Vietnam visa type) in accordance with the new Vietnam immigration laws effecting from July 2020. They could extend their Vietnam visas by using a service of Vietnam visa extension or Vietnam visa renewal, but how to extend the Vietnam visa? Each visa category of Vietnam requires different conditions and documents, and how about the requirements to extend a tourist, E-visa or visa exemption stamp in Vietnam? How to extend and change the entry purpose of Vietnam business visa, investment visa and dependent visa? Basically, your Vietnam visa can be extended or renewed right here in Vietnam without leaving the country, the extension should be submitted before the expired date to make sure that you will not be charged for the penalty fee of overstaying. Also, your passport must be valid for at least 6 months upon the submission.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW BEFORE EXTENDING VIETNAM VISA
When will you need to extend Vietnam visa? And visa extension service in Vietnam, what does it mean? Extending Vietnam Visa means that the Vietnam Immigration Department will issue a new visa stamp or visa sticker paper on your passport with new expiry date, so you are able to stay in Vietnam until that day. With Vietnam visa extension and Vietnam visa renewal, you do not need to leave the country, because the procedures will be done while you are in Vietnam. Your visa must be extended from 5 to 7 days before the visa expiration date to make sure that you will not charged for the penalty fee of overstaying.
The visa extension Vietnam and visa renewal in Vietnam can be applied for types of visa as below:
- Vietnam Business Visa: can be extended for from 1 month to a maximum of 1 year
- Vietnam Tourist Visa: can be extended for maximum of 3 months
- Vietnam visa exemption stamp: can be extended for 15 days
- Overstay the visa: can be extended for from 15 to 30 days (for exit visa stamp)
Note that the visa extension length depends on the current visa type, nationality, the time of the year and purpose. And only a limited number of nationalities are eligible to apply for the Vietnam visa extension and the requirements vary by each nation as well. So we recommend you to contact directly to our team to check your case.
CONDITIONS TO EXTEND VIETNAM VISA
Foreigner visitors who are granted a Vietnamese visa that is about to expire soon and need to extend or renew their Vietnam visa to stay longer in Vietnam, or for the purpose of changing the entry purpose (visa type) to work, study, invest or stay permanently with their spouse who has been granted a long-term visa or temporary residence card in Vietnam.
In order to meet the conditions and requirements in accordance with the law of Vietnam on the procedures for extending, renewing visas for foreigners, they need to know what documents, which conditions to extend their visa smoothly. Here are some necessary documents that all foreigners must keep ready for their visa extension or renewal in Vietnam:
1. Conditions to extend a tourist-DL visa, business – DN1 & DN2 visa, electronic visa (e-visa): their passport must be valid for at least 6 months from the time of extension and has at least 2 blank pages;
2. Vietnam Investment visas as ĐT1, ĐT2, ĐT3, ĐT4: the passport must be valid for at least 1 year and has at least 2 blank pages to optimize the length of the long-term visa granted to foreign investors
3. Working visas – LĐ1, LĐ2, dependent visa-TT visas (issued to foreigners that are spouses or children under 18 years of age of foreigners issued with LV1, LV2, LS, ĐT1, ĐT2, ĐT3, NN1, NN2, DH, PV1, LĐ1 or LĐ2 visas or foreigners that are parents, spouses or children of Vietnamese citizens): The passport should be valid at least 1 year and above, the long term visa or Vietnam residence card is granted from 1 year to less than 2 years.
4. Documents proving the purpose of Vietnam entry can be provided for each specific purpose as follows:
- Vietnam investor visas: The investment certificate, business registration certificate and quarterly tax report or latest year tax report is MUST
- Working in Vietnam: The work permit or work permit exemption certificate must be provided
- Dependent TT visas: Documents proving the family relationship such as marriage certificate for spouses, birth certificate for children.
HOW TO EXTEND VIETNAM VISA 2020
How to extend a tourist visa and E-visa in Vietnam
Tourist visa (DL) is issued to foreigners to Vietnam for the purpose of travelling, visiting friends and relatives for 1 – 3 months. Tourist visa is permitted to extend for up to another 3 month period as long as the applicant submit enough documents such as their current passport and visa, name of the entry port, and temporary resident confirmation of the local police where they are staying in Vietnam.
Regarding e-visa which is marked EV according to the new law, it is not only enacted for travel but also business purpose for a term of no more than 30 days with one entry. Extending e-visa can be proceeded as with normal tourist visa.
Note here that an entity or natural person is required to sponsor the applicants for this procedure, and in case of tourist visa, it is a travel agency in Vietnam.
How to extend a 15 or 30 days visa exemption in Vietnam
Visa exemption is quite common in Vietnam because there are a lot of countries that enjoy the visa waiver policies of Vietnamese government. They are ASEAN countries, Russia, Japan, Korea, Norway, Finland, Denmark, Sweden, UK, France, Germany, Spain, Italy, and Belarus. With a visa exemption, foreigners are allowed to stay within 15 to 30 days depending on their nationalities or place of entry. For example, ASEAN citizens are allowed to remain for up to 30 days, and the other countries can remain for 15 days.
People with visa exemption can extend visa with the same procedure and valid term as for tourist, business and investment visa depending on their purposes of entry respectively. Documents that may need providing are current passport, sponsor company’s documents (especially for those enter with purposes of business meeting and working) such as business certificate and temporary resident confirmation of local Vietnamese police.
How to extend a business and working visa in Vietnam
Business and working visas are for foreign nationals coming to Vietnam for business meetings and working respectively. According to the current and upcoming law, business visa shall be valid for 1 year while it is 2 years for working visa. This July when the new law comes into force, the mark of these visas will be changed. Namely business visa (DN) shall be marked DN1 and DN2, working visa (LĐ) shall be changed into LĐ1 and LĐ2 visas. Nevertheless, the usage and validity of these visas is not significantly amended overall. Besides, to extend for business and working visa, it requires the inviting company (for business visa) or the employer (for working visa) to sponsor the applicants and provide some documents for the proceeding.
Documents needed to apply for visa extension include:
- Company’s documents. This is the company who invites foreigners to Vietnam for business meetings or working. The documents are business certificate or certificate for establishing Representative Office.
- Applicant’s passport, visa and temporary residence confirmation of local police in Vietnam.
How to extend an investment visa in Vietnam
The New Visa Policies 2020 – Immigration Law No. 51/2019/QH14 has been passed by the National Assembly of Vietnam on 25 November 2019 and will take effect on 1 July 2020. In the new laws, the visa type of investment visas are divided into four visa categories including ĐT1, ĐT2, ĐT3, ĐT4 (the current law has one ĐT visa only). ĐT visas are issued to foreign investors and representatives of foreign organizations investing in Vietnam and contributing capital ranging from less than VND 3 billion to VND 100 billion or more or investing in business lines, administrative divisions benefitting from investment incentives decided by the Government. For foreign investors granted the Vietnam investment visa which is about to expire soon, their investor visa are easily to extended or renewed in Vietnam, as long as they are able to prove the purpose of entry as foreign investor by providing the documents issued by the Vietnamese government such as investment certificate, business registration certificate, quarterly tax report or latest year tax report.
One of the most prominent features of this new immigration law is that it allows foreigners to change the purpose of entry or visa type, while the old/current law does not. The term of investment visas can be extended or renewed from one to ten years depending on the amount of investment shown on the investment certificate.
How to extend a 5 year visa exemption in Vietnam
A Vietnam’s 5-year visa exemption certificate or 5 year visa issued to overseas Vietnamese without Vietnamese passports, foreigners are the spouses, children of Vietnamese citizens or Vietnamese residing overseas. The longest term is valid 05 years, multiple entries and stays no more than 180 days per entry, after that they have 2 options to extend the 5 year visa exemption:
1. Extending 180 days for the 5-year exemption by leaving Vietnam then re-entering and obtaining the new visa extension stamp at any Vietnam’s international airports or land borders OR;
2. Extending the 5 year visa exemption by using the visa extension service right here in Vietnam without leaving the country, the required documents are quite simple, just need the original copy of passport, a valid visa exemption certificate and a residential registration certificate confirmed by a local police where the applicant is staying
WHERE TO DO EXTENSION VIETNAM VISA?
Here are the contact details of the three major Immigration Departments located in 3 major regions of Vietnam – North, Center and South:
- In Ho Chi Minh City:
- The Ho Chi Minh City Police Department’s Immigration Office: 196 Nguyen Thi Minh Khai Street, Ward 6, District 3, Ho Chi Minh City
- Ministry of Public Security Department Of Immigration: 254 Nguyen Trai Street, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City
- In Da Nang: 7 Tran Quy Cap, Da Nang City
- In Ha Noi: 40A, Hang Bai Street, Hanoi, Vietnam
OTHER ARTICLES OF VIETNAM’S WORK PERMIT, VISA EXTENSION AND RESIDENCE CARD
- New Regulation On Changing Vietnam Visa Type Without Leaving The Country 2020
- Latest Updates On Vietnam Visa Extension and Residence Card 2020
- Vietnam Visa Extension and Renewal Cost 2020
- How To Apply For Vietnam Visa On Arrival
- How To Apply For Visa Extension In Vietnam
- How to apply for Extension of Temporary Residence Card
- Procedures For Lost Vietnam Temporary Residence Card
- Vietnam Temporary Residence Card For Foreigner’s Relative
- Who Can Get Vietnam Temporary Residence Card
- How To Apply Vietnam Visa On Arrival
- How To Extend or Renew Visa In Vietnam
- How To Apply Vietnam’s Visa For Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Iran, Pakistan, Turkey Citizens
For further information please contact:
Discovery Indochina Travel Co., Ltd
5th Floor | Platinum Building | 145 Dien Bien Phu Street, District 1 | Ho Chi Minh City | Vietnam
Tel: 028 39102358 | 028 39102359 Mobile: 0938228856 | 0906640505
www.visa5s.com | www.ditravel.vn
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org l email@example.com