Pursuant to 11/2016/ND-CP of Vietnam’s Labour Code, there is no right for foreign labour to work or to be employed in Vietnam more than 3 months without issuing Vietnam Work Permit. A Vietnam enterprise is permitted to recruit foreign worker to be in charge of management position such as Manager, Executive Director, and Chief Executive Officers etc where local workforce cannot meet the required profession and knowledge. To obtain Vietnam Work Permit for management, you have to satisfy these requirements. Let us analyze for you.
 – WORK PERMIT – A KEY TO OPEN “WORKING CHANCE” IN VIETNAM
To be allowed to work legally for Vietnamese enterprises, foreign workers are required to possess 3 main essential documents: Vietnam business visa, Vietnam work permit, and Temporary Residence Card. Vietnam Work Permit is the first requirement for foreigners who would like to work in Vietnam more than three months whether Expert, Techincal worker or Manager. Although you apply for working as a Manager or Executive Manager, you should keep in your mind that your Work Permit application needs to be submitted seven days in advance to the provincial Department of Labor, Invalids and Social Affairs (DoLISA) prior to working in Vietnam. Of course, Work Permit will be exempted if you work under 3 months. Click here to know more about Work Permit Exemption.
Validity of Vietnam Work Permit: equal to the duration of the labor contract to be signed as far as the period is less than 02 years.
 – WHO DOES APPLY FOR WORK PERMIT AS MANAGEMENT POSITION?
There are management positions you should know to issue the required documents correctly.
- Managers of an enterprise such as the manager of the company or manager of private company, who is either an owner of a private company, a general partner, the Chairpersons of the Board of members, a member of the Board of members, the company’s President, the Chairperson of the Board of Directors, a member of the Board of Directors, the Director/General Director, or a person holding another managerial position who is entitled to enter into the company’s transactions on behalf of the company according to the company’s charter, or heads and deputy heads of an agency or a organization;
- Chief Executive Officers who lead and directly operate subsidiary units under agencies, organizations and enterprises.
 – PROCEDURES AND REQUIRED DOCUMENTS – JOB TITLE: MANAGEMENT
The process of getting Vietnam Work Permit is rather complex. As a Manager or Director, you might not have much time to spend on it. Of course, you can issue by yourself but please meet these requirements seriously or ask for charismatic travel agency help you finish all of dossiers and submit your application to save your time. Manager, Executive Director or company employing foreign labour for management position will go through two steps as below:
Step 1: Submit Form No 1 – explanation of foreign labor usage plan to Department of Labour, Invalids and Social Welfares
Before at least 30 days since the day foreign labors anticipated to work for employer units (companies, contractors, representative offices,..), these units shall submit documents as requested to grant work permit to Department of Labour, Invalids and Social Welfares at where foreign labor expected to work as a Manager or Executive Director.
Step 2: Prepare and Submit required documents for Work Permit Issuance
Required documents applying for management position
- Education background i.e bachelor, master, doctorate or appropriate qualifications;
- A letter of working experience confirmation from former employers at least 3 years in the relevant position
- Foreign Police Clearance Certificate or Vietnam Criminal Record
- Health certificate or medical certificate issued by a competent foreign or Vietnamese health care agency or organization valid for 12 months from the date of signing to the application date;
- 2 recent color photos with size 4x6cm (white background, front, bareheaded, without sunglasses), taken within 06 months prior to the application date.
- 2 notarized copies with full pages (the notarization procedure can be made in Vietnam by public notary office within 3 months before the submission date)
Required documents for Company
- Request for issuance of a work permit from the employer in accordance with regulations of the Ministry of Labor – Invalids and Social Affairs;
- The written position approval of Department of Labor, War Invalids and Social Welfare.
- Notarized true copy of business registration certificate; or investment registration certificate; or representative office license; or contractor permit license;
- Notarized true copy of power of attorney if the signer is not a legal representative of the company.
 – THREE REQUIRED DOCUMENTS FOREIGN MANAGER OR DIRECTOR EXECUTIVE MUST OBTAIN WHEN WORKING IN VIETNAM
Foreign labor has to meet 3 documents to have a working permission in Vietnam. If not, you might get in trouble with Vietnam Police.
- Short-term Business visa for 3 month single or multiple entry
- Vietnam Work Permit
- Temporary Residence Card
OTHER INFORMATION RELATED TO VIETNAM’S WORK PERMIT, VISAS AND TEMPORARY RESIDENCE CARD
- Vietnam Submits New Issues Of Vietnam Work Permit
- Vietnam Work Permit Termination – Foreigners Must Know
- How To Extend or Renew Visa In Vietnam
- How To Apply Work Permit In Viet Nam
- How To Apply Work Permit Extension
- How To Apply For Vietnam Visa On Arrival
- How To Apply For Visa Extension In Vietnam
- How to apply for Extension of Temporary Residence Card
- Procedures For Lost Vietnam Temporary Residence Card
- Vietnam Temporary Residence Card For Foreigner’s Relative
- Who Can Get Vietnam Temporary Residence Card
For further information please contact:
Discovery Indochina Travel Co., Ltd
5th Floor | Platinum Building | 145 Dien Bien Phu Street, District 1 | Ho Chi Minh City | Vietnam
Tel: 028 39102358 | 028 39102359 Mobile: 0938228856 | 0906640505
www.visa5s.com | www.ditravel.vn