According to the announcement No. 6107 of the Department Labor – Invalids and Social Affairs sent to Vietnam entrepreneurs, they do not extend Vietnam work permit for the foreigner whose Vietnam work permit already expired. A foreigner working in Vietnam without proper Vietnam work permit violates administrative law and can be expelled from Vietnam. Therefore, the employer of every Vietnam company needs to pay much attention to the expiry date of their foreign workers’ Vietnam work permit so that they could issue the extension punctually. To smooth the way for Vietnam entrepreneurs to recruit and well manage their foreign employees, Visa5s are more than happy to assist you in the application of Vietnam work permit extension by the article below.
HOW LONG DOES VIETNAM WORK PERMIT LAST?
The term of a Vietnam work permit is the same as the term of the signed labor contract and no more than 2 years.
CONDITIONS FOR VIETNAM WORK PERMIT EXTENSION
There are certain criteria that foreign labors and their employers must satisfy before issuing the Vietnam work permit extension, which are mentioned below:
- Foreign worker wishes to continue their position in their current Vietnamese company;
- The validity of foreign worker’s current Vietnam work permit is more than 30 days;
- Foreign worker hasno breaches of labor discipline as stipulated in the Labor Code;
- The employer must show that they are planning to or are conducting training of Vietnamese employees to perform the jobs currently performed by foreigners;
- The information on the current Vietnam work permit is unchanged especially passport number and job position.
VIETNAM WORK PERMIT EXTENSION APPLICATION
The procedure of Vietnam work permit extension is actually not as complicated as you think. The employer will need to go through these following steps:
- Step 1: Submit the form for explanation of foreign labor usage plan in advance;
- Step 2: Once the extension permission is accepted, the employer continue submit the work permit extension application dossier for foreignersto the local Department of Labor and Social Welfare at least 5 days but less than 45 days before the expiry date of the current Vietnam work permit.
OTHER INFORMATION RELATED TO VIETNAM’S WORK PERMIT, VISAS AND TEMPORARY RESIDENCE CARD
- How To Get Vietnam Work Permit For Management Position
- Vietnam Submits New Issues Of Vietnam Work Permit
- Vietnam Work Permit Termination – Foreigners Must Know
- How To Extend or Renew Visa In Vietnam
- How To Apply Work Permit In Viet Nam
- How To Apply Work Permit Extension
- How To Apply For Vietnam Visa On Arrival
- How To Apply For Visa Extension In Vietnam
- How to apply for Extension of Temporary Residence Card
- Procedures For Lost Vietnam Temporary Residence Card
- Vietnam Temporary Residence Card For Foreigner’s Relative
- Who Can Get Vietnam Temporary Residence Card
For further information please contact:
Discovery Indochina Travel Co., Ltd
5th Floor | Platinum Building | 145 Dien Bien Phu Street, District 1 | Ho Chi Minh City | Vietnam
Tel: 028 39102358 | 028 39102359 Mobile: 0938228856 | 0906640505
www.visa5s.com | www.ditravel.vn