The new Law on Entry, Exit, Transit, and Residence of Foreigners in Vietnam which will come into effect in July, 2020 is expected to promote investment and economic growth in the country by allowing foreigners to enter and reside in Vietnam with more ease and convenience. One of the most outstanding changes with Vietnam visa policies is the visa waiver policies for some foreign nationals, according to which those visa-waived nationals will no longer be subject to a 30-day cooling-off period upon their latest exit, so they can enter and exit Vietnam freely.
In this article, we would like to bring you the Latest updates on Vietnam Visa Waiver Policies when the New Immigration Law taking effect in July 2020.
The Difference Between The Current and New Immigration Law Taking Effect On July 2020
Exit and re-enter Vietnam more easily.
- Current Law: Visa-waived nationals need to wait for at least 30 days upon their latest exit before re-entering into Vietnam.
- New Law: The 30 days of waiting mentioned above applied for foreigners eligible for visa-exemption by Vietnam shall be removed. Instead, those foreign nationals will be able to enter Vietnam as long as their passport is valid for at least six months, and no longer be subject to a 30-day cooling-off period upon exit. Therefore, they can come back to Vietnam at anytime they want.
Longer resident period in some specific areas
- Current Law: Visa-waived nationals are normally permitted to stay up to 15 days, and 30 days for staying in special administrative – economic zones.
- New Law: Foreigners with a visa-exemption now can stay no more than 30 days in special administrative – economic zones or economic coastal areas as regulated by the law. This means that there are more economic areas for those foreigners to stay in up to one month.
Countries That Are Entitled To The Vietnam Visa Waiver Program:
13 countries eligible for Vietnam’s unilateral visa waiver program include:
Belarus Finland Italy UK
France Denmark Spain
Russia Norway Sweden
Germany South Korea Japan
Advantages Of Visa-waived Nationals When New Immigration Law Taking Effect
Due to the New Immigration taking effect on July 2020, visa-waived nationals no longer need to wait for 30 days before re-entering Vietnam and can stay for longer period in some special areas. This helps foreign citizens a lot with saving time, money while staying in another country waiting to come back to Vietnam. Also, foreign citizen can be more time-decisive on their trips and plans.
OTHER ARTCLES OF VIETNAM’S VISAS AND TEMPORARY RESIDENCE CARD
- Latest Policies of Vietnam Visa for foreigner from July 2020
- Steps to obtain the visa approval letter for visa on arrival in Vietnam
- All you need to know about Vietnam visa on arrival
- How To Apply Work Permit In Viet Nam
- How To Apply Work Permit Extension
- How To Apply For Vietnam Visa On Arrival
- How To Apply For Visa Extension In Vietnam
- How to apply for Extension of Temporary Residence Card
- Procedures For Lost Vietnam Temporary Residence Card
- Vietnam Temporary Residence Card For Foreigner’s Relative
- Who Can Get Vietnam Temporary Residence Card
- How To Apply Vietnam’s Visa For Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Iran, Pakistan, Turkey Citizens
For further information please contact:
Discovery Indochina Travel Co., Ltd
5th Floor | Platinum Building | 145 Dien Bien Phu Street, District 1 | Ho Chi Minh City | Vietnam
Tel: 028 39102358 | 028 39102359 Mobile: 0938228856 | 0906640505
www.visa5s.com | www.ditravel.vn