Foreign workforce rate has been increasing dramatically in Vietnam up to 2019. Foreigners who want to work in Vietnam must obtain a legal work permit so as not to violating Vietnam regulations. A Vietnam Police clearance certificate is one of the document supplements of work permit application in Vietnam, which is essential to decide the success of this issuance. The Vietnam Police clearance certificate prove if you have criminal record, ban or not banned from holding current position in case of businesses. To sum up, police clearance certificate in Vietnam is extremely important for foreign workers in Vietnam. You want to find out how to issue it? Let us explore this article to make sure you understand the police clearance certificate for foreign workers in Vietnam.
POLICE CLEARANCE CERTIFICATE IN VIETNAM FOR FOREIGN WORKERS
Applying for a new job, working permit, marriage, or Immigration purposes is required a valid foreign Police clearance certificate or expatriates residing in Vietnam can obtain a Vietnam Police clearance certificate instead of returning to their county to apply for. The Vietnam Police clearance certificate (Phieu Ly Lich Tu Phap in Vietnamese) is a legal paper acting as a proof of your criminal record in the past. As a foreign worker in Vietnam, you will need to issue a Vietnam police clearance certificate to support to your Vietnam work permit dossier so that you are allowed to work legally in Vietnam territory.
here are two types of Vietnam police clearance certificate foreign workers need to know:
- Vietnamese Police clearance certificate No.1 or Form #1: This certificate only records criminal convictions that have not been removed. If the case has been deleted, it will state “No criminal record”
- Vietnamese Police clearance certificate No. 2 or Form #2: This certificate records all previous criminal convictions regardless of if it was deleted or not.
The Department of Justice of the province or city where the foreign is residing, responsible for granting a Vietnam police clearance certificate for foreigners.
HOW CAN YOU GET A VIETNAM POLICE CLEARANCE CERTIFICATE ONLINE?
Getting a Vietnam Police Clearance Certificate Online, we recommend the foreigners to apply at the National Police Clearance for Judicial Records relevant to the Ministry of Justice of Vietnam at 9 Tran Vi Street, Mai Dich Ward, Cau Giay District, Hanoi. The online application services of Vietnam Police Clearance Certificate/ Criminal Records is applied for Foreigners residing in or outside Vietnam; Vietnamese citizens permanently or temporarily residing in Vietnam; Vietnamese citizens residing abroad but resided in Vietnam before leaving the country;
Detailed steps to get a Vietnam Police Clearance Certificate Online for foreigners who are residing in Vietnam or residing in their home country but resided in Vietnam before. You can find out the procedures, requirements of Vietnam Police Clearance Certificate Online HERE
REQUIRED DOCUMENTS FOR VIETNAM POLICE CLEARANCE CERTIFICATE FOR FOREIGN CITIZENS
The processing time issuing a Vietnam police clearance certificate issuance is from 15 to 20 working days. The required documents for foreign citizen getting this certificate is quite simple, listed as follows:
- A declaration requesting issuance of Vietnam police clearance certificate;
- A copy of passport and original copy of passport to compare on the date of submission;
- A copy of valid visa, visa exemption, visa free or residence card of Vietnam;
- A copy of latest entry stamp into Vietnam;
- A copy of the household registration book or certificate of permanent or letter of temporary residential registration certified by ward police where the foreigner is residing.
REASONS FOR REFUSING A POLICE CLEARANCE CERTIFICATE VIETNAM
Where the Vietnam police clearance certificate issuance is refused, a notice of explanation shall be informed by the competent authority, the following reasons for refusing Vietnam police clearance certificate for foreigner as below:
- The issuance of Vietnam police clearance certificate is out of their competence.
- The person requesting Vietnam police clearance certificate for another does not meet the conditions provided in Article 7 and clause 3, Article 45 of the law of Judicial Records;
- The applicant providing not enough or counterfeit documents attached with the Vietnam police clearance certificate request form;
- The information in the request form of Vietnam police clearance certificate is false;
- Refusing issuance of Vietnam police clearance certificate for reasons of public security and national defense.
POLICE CLEARANCE CERTIFICATE VIETNAM FOR FOREIGNERS– DOES IT EXPIRE?
Yes since every document has its expiration date and Vietnam police clearance certificate is not an exception. Police clearance certificate Vietnam for foreigner is valid for 6 months from the date it was issued.
OTHER INFORMATION RELATED TO VIETNAM’S WORK PERMIT, VISAS AND TEMPORARY RESIDENCE CARD
- How to get a Vietnam Police Clearance Certificate Online
- Vietnam Police Check For Foreigner Living In Vietnam
- Procedure To Apply For Vietnam Police Check Certificate
- How To Apply Work Permit In Viet Nam
- How To Apply Work Permit Extension
- How To Apply For Vietnam Visa On Arrival
- How To Apply For Visa Extension In Vietnam
- How to apply for Extension of Temporary Residence Card
- Procedures For Lost Vietnam Temporary Residence Card
- Vietnam Temporary Residence Card For Foreigner’s Relative
- Who Can Get Vietnam Temporary Residence Card
For further information please contact:
Discovery Indochina Travel Co., Ltd
5th Floor | Platinum Building | 145 Dien Bien Phu Street, District 1 | Ho Chi Minh City | Vietnam
Tel: 028 39102358 | 028 39102359 Mobile: 0938228856 | 0906640505
www.visa5s.com | www.ditravel.vn