Extending or renewing your Vietnam Temporary Residence Card leave you many questions or gets in troubles during processing it since you have not had any experience before. Visa5s knows that most of foreigners really want to makes clear about Temporary Residence Card Extension issue, so we decide to create a post to help you during processing it. What you have to do is feel refreshed and read our post step by step since we have tried to select useful information about Vietnam Temporary Residence Card to give you a hand. Do you like taking a tour with us? Now, let’s go!
After staying in Vietnam for a long-term period, you would like to extend your Temporary Residence Card (TRC) so that you are allowed to prolong your staying in Vietnam with the aim at working or living with your family/ relatives. However, you may be confused due to the complicated procedure and steps to obtain your Temporary Residence Card Extension.
ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT VIETNAM TEMPORARY RESIDENCE CARD (TRC)
Temporary Residence Card is issued for investor, shareholder, foreigner granted work permit and accompanying relatives of the granted resident card person. It is valid for 1 to 5 years, with a duration of at least one month less than expiration of passport and it is not issued to people whose passports are valid for less than one year.
In case foreigners have Temporary Residence Card but due to some reasons such as the passport running out of pages and need to change the new one or loss of Temporary Residence Card to enter and exit Vietnam, they are required to change their Temporary Residence Card or apply for renewal according to the current card (in case of loss).
WHERE TO SUBMIT THE DOSSIERS FOR VIETNAM TEMPORARY RESIDENCE CARD?
Here are the contact details of the three major Immigration Departments located in all 3 major regions of Vietnam – the North, Center and South:
- Ho Chi Minh City – In The South
* The Ho Chi Minh City Police Department’s Immigration Office: 196 Nguyen Thi Minh Khai Street, Ward 6, District 3, Ho Chi Minh City
* Ministry of Public Security Department Of Immigration: 254 Nguyen Trai Street, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City
- In the Central – Da Nang:
* Ministry of Public Security Department Of Immigration: 7 Tran Quy Cap, Da Nang City
* Police Department’s Immigration Office: 78 Le Loi, Thach Thang, Hai Chau, Da Nang
- In the North – Ha Noi:
* Ministry of Public Security Department Of Immigration: 44-46 Tran Phu Street, Hanoi, Vietnam
* Police Department’s Immigration Office: 44 Pham Ngoc Thach, Phuong Lien, Dong Da, Ha Noi
PROCESSING TIME FOR VIETNAM TEMPORARY RESIDENCE CARD
- For extension/ renewal: The processing time is 05 – 07 business days from the date of receiving complete documents
- For lost the temporary residence card: The processing time is 14 business days from the date of receiving complete documents
WHO CAN APPLY FOR EXTENSION OF TEMPORARY RESIDENCE CARD VIETNAM?
- Members of a limited liable company with two members or more
- Owner of a one-member limited liability company
- Members in the Board of a joint-stock company
- Foreign lawyers who have been licensed by Ministry of Justice to practice law in Vietnam as stipulated by law
- Foreigners having work permit, work in various kinds of foreign enterprises and representative offices of foreign companies.
- Professionals, students, trainees working or studying in national programs and projects signed between the ministries and approved by the government.
- Accompanying relatives (father, mother, wife, husband, children under 18 of the granting residence card person).
REQUIRED DOCUMENTS APPLY FOR EXTENSION OF TEMPORARY RESIDENCE CARD VIETNAM
Temporary Residence Card Extension will not be issued if the applicant’s passport is valid for less than one year, and the duration of the residence card will always be at least one month shorter than the duration of the holder’s passport.
<> Temporary Residence Card Extension For foreigners having Work Permit:
- A notarized copy of legal entity profile of guaranteed bodies, organizations or enterprises which asked for the issuance of temporary residence card, and depend on the specific cases, the following documents may be required:
* Certificate of investment; Certificate of business registration; License of representative office establishment; Subsidiary companies (including written notice of activity);
* Seal registration certificate; Tax code registration certificate (if any);
- A written request for temporary residence card (NA6 form) must be signed and sealed by a legal representative of the company;
- Declaration of foreign applicant’s information (NA8 form) must be signed by the applicant;
- Two (2) passport-sized photographs (2cm x3cm);
- The applicant’s original of passport;
- A valid and suitable Vietnam’s visa (LĐ/DN)
- A notarized true copy of work permit or work permit exemption;
- Proof of residence registration certified by local police station
<> Temporary Residence Card Extension For relatives/ husband or wife relation:
Kindly note that in case of accompanying relatives, documents showing proof of relationship such as: birth certificates, marriage registration and family register are a must (these documents must be consular legalized and translated into Vietnamese, unless they are exempt from consular legalization under the provisions of Article 9 of Decree No. 111/2011 / ND-CP dated 05/12/2011 of the Government on consular certification, consular legalization.)
OTHER INFORMATION RELATED TO VIETNAM’S WORK PERMIT, VISAS AND RESIDENCE CARD
- How To Apply Work Permit In Viet Nam
- How To Apply Work Permit Extension
- How To Apply For Vietnam Visa On Arrival
- How To Apply For Visa Extension In Vietnam
- How to apply for Extension of Temporary Residence Card
- Procedures For Lost Vietnam Temporary Residence Card
- Vietnam Temporary Residence Card For Foreigner’s Relative
- Who Can Get Vietnam Temporary Residence Card
For further information, please contact:
‘Văn phòng Thanh Hóa: số 43 Hạc Thành, phường ba đình, TP Thanh Hóa
5th Floor, Platinum Building
145 Dien Bien Phu StDakao WardDistrict 1
Tel: +8428 39102359+8428 39102358