What should be done in case the Temporary Residence Card is lost, stolen or worn out in Vietnam? Foreign whose temporary residence card was lost must go to the police department in place of residence to report and get the “Residence Card Lost Report” immediately. In this case, if the lost temporary residence card, current passport and Vietnam work permit are valid for up to 1 year the new temporary residence card will be re-issued and the service fee is full charged. The duration of the temporary residence card will always be at least one month shorter than the duration of the holder’s passport, the expired temporary residence cards may be extended accordance with the Vietnam Immigration Law. The TRC is issued for people who are holding a valid Vietnam visa: NG3, LV1, LV2, ĐT, DH, NN1, NN2, TT, LĐ or PV1. The processing time is 10 – 14 working days from the date of receiving complete documents.
PROCEDURES FOR LOST VIETNAM TEMPORARY RESIDENCE CARD
<> Step 1: Inform the local Police Department
In case of lost, stolen, or worn out Vietnam temporary residence card, foreigners mustinform the police department located the area where the foreigner are living.
The police officer will confirm the situation and then issue a Temporary Residence Card Lost Report to the foreigner.
<> Step 2: Prepare essential documents for Vietnam Temporary Residence Card reissuance
When foreigners lost Vietnam temporary residence card, besides required paper for Vietnam temporary residence card reissuance, the dossier must include a letter for property lost report certified by local police office such as Temporary Residence Card Lost Report. Here isessential paper for temporary residence card reissuance:
- A notarized copy of legal entity profile of guaranteed bodies, organizations or enterprises which asked for the issuance of Vietnam temporary residence card;
- A letter for property lost report must be certified by the local police department;
- A written request for temporary residence card (NA6 form) must be signed and sealed by a legal representative of the company;
- Declaration of foreign applicant’s information (NA8 form) must be signed by the applicant;
- 02 passport-sized photos (2cm x3cm);
- The applicant’s original passport;
- A notarized true copy of Vietnam work permit or Vietnam work permit exemption;
- Proof of residence registration must be certified by local police station.
<> Step 3: Submit the dossier to the provincial Immigration Department
Foreigners submit their Temporary Residence Card reissuance dossier to the Immigration Department of the province where they are residing. The processing time is from 10 to 14 working days from the date of receiving complete documents.
Here is some contact information of Immigration Departments in 3 biggest Vietnamese cities:
** In Ho Chi Minh City:
- The Ho Chi Minh City Police Department’s Immigration Office: 196 Nguyen Thi Minh Khai Street, Ward 6, District 3, Ho Chi Minh City
- Ministry of Public Security Department Of Immigration: 254 Nguyen Trai Street, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City
** In Da Nang: 7 Tran Quy Cap, Da Nang City
** In Ha Noi: 44-46 Tran Phu Street, Hanoi, Vietnam
REQUIREMENTS OF LOST VIETNAM TEMPORARY RESIDENCE CARD
- The validity of the lost Temporary Residence Card is more than 1 year;
- The applicant’s passport and his/ her current Vietnam work permit are also valid at least 1 year;
- The duration of the temporary residence card will always be at least 1 month shorter than the duration of the applicant’s passport;
- In case of accompanying relatives, documents as proof of the applicant’s relationship are extremely important. This paper must be consular legalized and translated into Vietnamese.
- Temporary Residence Cardwill not be issued if one of the following documents is valid for less than 1 year: applicant’s passport;the lost or current temporary residence card, and the current Vietnam work permit
OTHER INFORMATION RELATED TO VIETNAM’S WORK PERMIT, VISAS AND TEMPORARY RESIDENCE CARD
- How To Apply Work Permit In Viet Nam
- How To Apply Work Permit Extension
- How To Apply For Vietnam Visa On Arrival
- How To Apply For Visa Extension In Vietnam
- How to apply for Extension of Temporary Residence Card
- Procedures For Lost Vietnam Temporary Residence Card
- Vietnam Temporary Residence Card For Foreigner’s Relative
- Who Can Get Vietnam Temporary Residence Card
- How To Apply Vietnam Visa On Arrival
- How To Extend or Renew Visa In Vietnam
- How To Apply Vietnam’s Visa For Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Iran, Pakistan, Turkey Citizens
For further information, please contact:
‘Văn phòng Thanh Hóa: số 43 Hạc Thành, phường ba đình, TP Thanh Hóa
5th Floor, Platinum Building
145 Dien Bien Phu StDakao WardDistrict 1
Tel: +8428 39102359+8428 39102358