Located at Quang Tri province, Lao Bao is an important international border between Viet Nam and Lao. Not only just a tourist attraction, it is also one of the most popular “commercial centers- borders” in Viet Nam. A lot of foreigners in the middle region of Vietnam are interested in getting a visa run, especially expats in Hoi An, Da Nang, to extend their stay in Vietnam. This process will not be too hard, as long as you follow the right instruction. In this article, Visa5s would like to give you some information about Vietnam visa run at Lao Bao border crossing from Da Nang- Hoi an.
WHO SHOULD DO VIETNAM VISA RUN AT LAO BAO LAND BORDER CROSSING FROM DA NANG, HOI AN
Visa Run at Lao Bao Crossing Border seems to be the most convenient and cheapest way to extend your stay in Vietnam. Especially, the run is quite convenient for foreigners who are visiting, working or living in Da Nang, Hue and other nearby provinces. People with the following purposes may consider doing the Vietnam Visa run at Lao Bao border from Da Nang, Hoi An.
1. Extending visa: applied for applicants who coming to Vietnam with Visa exemption, APEC card, or 5-year visa exemption but temporary residence is expired for each entry; foreign national coming to Vietnam with tourist visa, e-visa but it has been expired and needed new visa to continue to stay in Vietnam. Temporary residence term of each visa type is different:
- Visa exemption: Depending on foreigner’s nationality that the term exemption will change.
Example: Citizens of South East Asia will have visa exemption with validity 30 days; Korean citizens will have visa exemption for 15 days in Vietnam…
- 5-year Visa exemption: valid for 5 years with multiple entries, maximum stay is 180 days for each entry.
- E-visa: Maximum stay is 30 days.
- Tourist visa: Depending the type of visa that you asked, normally, Vietnam tourist visa is valid 01 month or 03 months.
2. Changing visa type: Applied for foreign nationals who want to change their visa type.
Example: Changing visa type from tourist to business, from tourist to investment type, from tourist to TT visa,… or vice versa
TRANSPORTATION TO LAO BAO FROM DANG NANG AND HOI AN
Located in a small town of Huong Hoa, the West of Quang Tri, Lao Bao is pretty crowded and attracts many tourists. Therefore, there are plenty of transportation options for expats from Da Nang, Hoi An to Lao Bao.
With a 215 km distance between Da Nang, Hoi An and Lao Bao, there are four options to get to Lao Bao:
- Taking local bus from Hoi An, Da Nang
- Renting a private car
- Taking a shared car with Visa Run Service
- Using your own vehicle
♦ Note: If you choose using your own vehicle, you will need to look for a parking place near the border.
- Depending on your budget and how much time you want to take to get to Lao Bao that leads to your decision of transportation. Renting car is the fastest and most convenient. However it is quite expensive due to the distance. Local bus or shared car can be a brilliant idea for someone who wants to save some money.
- Or else, you can ride your own motorbike from Da Nang, Hoi An to Lao Bao. This idea sounds insane and in fact can take up to three days. On the other side, this journey will bring you a new experience of local villages and beautiful scenery along the road, while passing by Hai Van pass, Lang Co and Detouring Hue.
WHICH DOCUMENTS SHOULD BE PREPARED FOR VIETNAM VISA RUN AT LAO BAO LAND BORDER CROSSING
- Original passport with validity at least 06 months
- Original of Visa approval letter
- Vietnamese Visa Application form
- Laos Visa Application form
- Two (2) passport photos
- Laos visa fee around 35USD per person
- Vietnam visa stamping fee
Note: You must pay the fee in cash. You can pay either in USD or VND for the Vietnam visa stamping fee but you must pay in Laos’ currency (LAK) for the Laos visa. However, you can always change the money easily in Huong Hoa town.
WHY SHOULD FOREIGNERS CHOOSE VIETNAM BORDER VISA LAO BAO?
Among all the ways to extend or renew your Vietnam visa, Vietnam border Visa at Lao Bao is a cheap and easy-to-do one. The whole process costs about 1 hour from Lao Bao to Laos and back to Vietnam with your new visa, except the time taking from Da Nang, Hoi An to Lao Bao border. Moreover, depending on which transportation you choose from Da Nang, Hoi An to Lao Bao, you may have interesting and different experiences during this road trip. Sometimes, enjoying little happiness while doing something important can be a joyful thing in life!
OTHER ARTCLES OF VIETNAM’S VISAS AND TEMPORARY RESIDENCE CARD
- Vietnam Border Visa Run At Moc Bai Crossing – Fastest Way To Extend Vietnam Visa
- Newest Policy Of Investor Visa Vietnam – Validity And Requirements 2020
- Vietnam Business, Labour, Working And Investment Visa – You Should Know
- Vietnam Dependent Visa For Foreigners 2020
- Vietnam Electronic Visa (E-Visa) New Policy – Taking Effect From 01 July 2020
- Latest Policies of Vietnam Visa for foreigner from July 2020
- Steps to obtain the visa approval letter for visa on arrival in Vietnam
- All you need to know about Vietnam visa on arrival
- How To Apply For Visa Extension In Vietnam
- How to apply for Extension of Temporary Residence Card
- Procedures For Lost Vietnam Temporary Residence Card
- Vietnam Temporary Residence Card For Foreigner’s Relative
For further information please contact:
Discovery Indochina Travel Co., Ltd
5th Floor | Platinum Building | 145 Dien Bien Phu Street, District 1 | Ho Chi Minh City | Vietnam
Tel: 028 39102358 | 028 39102359 Mobile: 0938228856 | 0906640505