Nowadays, many foreigners wish to extend their Vietnam visa for the temporary residence permission with numerous purposes such as business, study, and travel but do not want to leave the country. Therefore, they could extend their stay by using visa extension service without leaving the country. Conducting this visa extension service depends on the foreigner’s current visa type, nationality, the time of the year, and name of entry port. Visa extension in Vietnam means that the Vietnam Immigration Department will issue a new visa stamp on your passport with new expiry date so you are able to stay in Vietnam until that day. We highly recommend your Vietnam visa must be extended from 5 to 7 days before the expiration date to make sure that you will not be charged for the penalty fee of overstaying.
VISA EXTENSION IN VIETNAM WITHOUT LEAVING THE COUNTRY
To prolong your in Vietnam than the specified period mentioned in your Vietnam visa or visa exemption stamp, you are required to extend your visa. Otherwise, you must depart from Vietnam as soon as the visa expired date and even need to wait for a duration if you come to Vietnam with your visa exemption.
Visa extension in Vietnam will be the solution for you if you do not want to leave the country. With visa extension in Vietnam, you needn’t leave the country because the visa extension procedures will be done while you are in Vietnam.
To issue successfully visa extension in Vietnam without leaving the country, you need to comprehend some information as below.
WHAT ARE CONDITIONS FOR VISA EXTENSION IN VIETNAM WITHOUT LEAVING THE COUNTRY?
- Passport must be valid for more than 6 months from the time of extension and has at least 2 blank pages;
- A valid Vietnam visa;
- Required documents for business visa extension must be sponsored by a company in Vietnam;
- The duration of a Vietnam visa will be at least 30 days shorter than that of the passport or international laissez-passer;
- Only a limited number of nationalities are eligible to apply for a visa extension in Vietnam and the conditions change accordingly as well;
- Must provide the proof of temporary residence in Vietnam certified the local police station.
BEFORE USING VISA EXTENSION IN VIETNAM WITHOUT LEAVING THE COUNTRY
Before using visa extension in Vietnam without leaving the country, you need to know that you must apply visa extension in Vietnam some days before your visa date expires: before at least 1 week (for 3 months visa: preferably 2 weeks). The reason is that visa extension in Vietnam takes you 7 days to finish as submitting your passport and requirements at Vietnam Immigration Department Office. Hence, applying for visa extension soon may be beneficial for you in some ways.
Visa extension in Vietnam includes following cases:
- Vietnam Business Visa: can be extended for from 1 month to 1 year
- Vietnam Tourist Visa: can be extended less than 3 months
- Vietnam Visa exemption stamp: can be extended less than 15 days
- Overstay the visa: can be extended for from 15-30 days
DOCUMENTS FOR VISA EXTENSION IN VIETNAM WITHOUT LEAVING THE COUNTRY
Documents for foreign workers
Foreigners working, having the sponsor company in Vietnam, and possessing a valid Vietnam visa and passport marked the visa type of DN/ LD/ NN1/ NN2/ TT should prepare the following documents:
- Company’s legal entity files (notarized certified copy of business registration certificate or investment registration certificate or establish Representative Office)
- Seal registration certificate and tax code registration certificate (if any);
- The original passport;
- A valid Vietnam visa;
- Vietnam work permit (if any);
- Visa extension form signed and sealed by company’s legal representative
- Original certificate of temporary residence in Vietnam (proof of residence);
- In case of that foreigners accompany with their relatives, it’s required to provide the written proof of family relationships (the documents must be legalized, translated and notarized comply with the provisions of law):
a. The relatives recognized as spouse must have a marriage certificate;
b. The relatives recognized as children must have a birth certificate.
Documents for foreign tourists
Foreigners coming to Vietnam for travelling and visiting relatives, possessing a valid Vietnam visa and passport marked the visa type of DL/ VR or visa exemption stamp should prepare the following documents:
- The original passport;
- A valid Vietnam visa marked as DL/ VR or visa exemption stamp
- Port of entry name;
- Your current address in Vietnam;
- Original certificate of temporary residence in Vietnam (if any);
OTHER INFORMATION RELATED TO VIETNAM’S WORK PERMIT, VISAS AND TEMPORARY RESIDENCE CARD
- How To Apply Work Permit In Viet Nam
- How To Apply Work Permit Extension
- How To Apply For Vietnam Visa On Arrival
- How To Apply For Visa Extension In Vietnam
- How to apply for Extension of Temporary Residence Card
- Procedures For Lost Vietnam Temporary Residence Card
- Vietnam Temporary Residence Card For Foreigner’s Relative
- Who Can Get Vietnam Temporary Residence Card
- How To Apply Vietnam Visa On Arrival
- How To Extend or Renew Visa In Vietnam
- How To Apply Vietnam’s Visa For Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Iran, Parkistan, Turkey Citizens
For further information please contact:
Discovery Indochina Travel Co., Ltd
5th Floor | Platinum Building | 145 Dien Bien Phu Street, District 1 | Ho Chi Minh City | Vietnam
Tel: 028 39102358 | 028 39102359 Mobile: 0938228856 | 0906640505
Email: Info@visa5s.com or Visa@ditravel.vn
www.visa5s.com | www.ditravel.vn