Temporary registration procedure is one of the procedures to which foreigners pay much attention with the reason of studying or working in Vietnam. Temporary Residence Card certainly suits foreigners very well due to its advantages such as time and effort saving in visa or visa extension issuance. Temporary Residence Card is issued for foreign investor, shareholder, foreign workers granted Vietnam work permit, and accompanying relatives of person granted temporary residence card. Here is some overall information of Vietnam Temporary Residence Card for foreigner you must understand.
WHAT IS VIETNAM TEMPORARY RESIDENCE CARD FOR FOREIGNER?
Temporary Residence Card (TRC) is a card acts as a proof of identity and an entry Vietnam visa when a foreign traveler enters and exits Vietnam, and allow the foreigners to stay in Vietnam for a long term without frequently applying or renewing every 3 month.
An important point foreigners must remember is that Vietnam Temporary Residence Card will not be issued to foreigners whose passports are valid under 365 days.
WHO CAN APPLY FOR VIETNAM TEMPORARY RESIDENCE CARD?
- Members of a limited liable company with two members or more
- Owner of a one-member limited liability company
- Members in the Board of a joint-stock company
- Foreign lawyers who have been licensed by Ministry of Justice to practice law in Vietnam as stipulated by law
- Foreigners having Vietnam work permit, work in various kinds of foreign enterprises and representative offices of foreign companies.
- Professionals, students, trainees working or studying in national programs and projects signed between the ministries and approved by the government.
- Accompanying relatives (father, mother, wife, husband, children under 18 years old of the Temporary Residence Card holder).
HOW LONG DOES A TEMPORARY RESIDENCE CARD FOR FOREIGNER LAST?
To understand more detail about codes of Vietnam visa’s each type, kindly click here.
- The term of a Temporary Residence Card is shorter 30 days at minimum than the term of the passport.
- The term of a NG3, LV1, LV2, ĐT or DH Temporary Residence Card will not exceed 5 years.
- The term of a NN1, NN2, TT Temporary Residence Card will not exceed 3 years.
- The term of a LĐ or PV1 Temporary Residence Card will not exceed 2 years.
- Outdated temporary residence cards may be renewed.
WHERE TO APPLY FOR A TEMPORARY RESIDENCE CARD FOR FOREIGNER?
According to 2015 Immigration Law of Vietnam government, there are some differences in the place of applying for Temporary Residence Card for foreigners, depending on types of temporary residence card as follows:
- For NG3 Temporary Residence Card: must submit to the competent authority of the Ministry of Affairs.
- For other Temporary Residence Cards: submit to the provincial office of the Immigration Department – Ministry of Public Security.
Here are the address information of Immigration Departments of 3 biggest cities in Vietnam:
- Hanoi: 44-46 Tran Phu St., Ba Dinh Dist., Hanoi
- Da Nang: 7 Tran Quy Cap St., Da Nang City
- Ho Chi Minh City:
- 254 Nguyen Trai St, Dist. 1, Ho Chi Minh City
- 196 Nguyen Thi Minh Khai St., Dist. 3, Ho Chi Minh City
HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO ISSUE A TEMPORARY RESIDENCE CARD FOR FOREIGNER?
The process of issuing a Temporary Residence Card takes 05 – 07 working days from the date of receiving completed application dossier.
The extension of Temporary Residence Card may take up to 14 working days.
OTHER INFORMATION RELATED TO VIETNAM’S WORK PERMIT, VISAS AND TEMPORARY RESIDENCE CARD
- How To Apply Work Permit In Viet Nam
- How To Apply Work Permit Extension
- How To Apply For Vietnam Visa On Arrival
- How To Apply For Visa Extension In Vietnam
- How to apply for Extension of Temporary Residence Card
- Procedures For Lost Vietnam Temporary Residence Card
- Vietnam Temporary Residence Card For Foreigner’s Relative
- Who Can Get Vietnam Temporary Residence Card
- How To Apply Vietnam Visa On Arrival
- How To Extend or Renew Visa In Vietnam
- How To Apply Vietnam’s Visa For Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Iran, Parkistan, Turkey Citizens
For further information please contact:
Discovery Indochina Travel Co., Ltd
5th Floor | Platinum Building | 145 Dien Bien Phu Street, District 1 | Ho Chi Minh City | Vietnam
Tel: 028 39102358 | 028 39102359 Mobile: 0938228856 | 0906640505
www.visa5s.com | www.ditravel.vn