Foreigners coming to Vietnam to visit, work, and reside have been bringing a significant source of income, which contributes to socio-economic development of Vietnam. Notwithstanding, if the foreign resident management is not good enough, it leads to the risk of insecurity in Vietnamese cities. Temporary Residence Card is very suitable for foreigners because it can replace Vietnam visa to enter, exit, and reside in Vietnam territory. Do you want to know if you are eligible? The article below will help you see who can get Vietnam Temporary Residence Card.
WHO CAN GET VIETNAM TEMPORARY RESIDENCE CARD?
Temporary Residence Card (TRC) is issued for foreign investor, shareholder, foreign employees obtaining Vietnam work permit, and accompanying relatives of TRC holder.
The Temporary Residence Card is also issued for foreigners who are holding a valid Vietnam visa coded as NG3, LV1, LV2, ĐT, DH, NN1, NN2, TT, LĐ or PV1. The meaning of these codes is understood as follows:
- NG3 – issued to members of diplomatic representative agencies, consular offices, representative offices of international organizations under the United Nations and intergovernmental representative organizations and to spouse, children under 18 ages, maid to accompany with them in tenure
- LV1 – issued to persons working with the departments, agencies and units under the central Communist Party of Vietnam; The National Assembly, the Government, the Central Committee of the Vietnam Fatherland Front, the Supreme People’s Court; Supreme People’s Procuracy, State, ministries, ministerial-level and governmental agency’s Audit, ; Provincial Party Committees, People’s Councils, Provincial and City People’s Committees under central authority
- LV2 – issued to persons working with political and social organizations, social organizations, the Chamber of Commerce and Industry of Vietnam
- ĐT – issued to foreign investors in Vietnam and foreign lawyers practicing in Vietnam
- DH – issued to persons in practice, learning
- NN1 – issued to the head of the representative office, project of international organizations, and international non-governmental organizations in Vietnam
- NN2 – issued to the head of the representative office, branch of a foreign business, representative offices of economic, cultural and other professional organizations of foreign countries in Vietnam
- TT – issued to foreigners who are the foreigners’ spouse, children under 18 years old who got visa marked LV1, LV2, ĐT, NN1, NN2, DH, PV1, LĐ or to foreigner who are the father, mother, spouse, children of Vietnamese citizens
- LĐ – issued to person for work
- PV1 – issued to journalists, permanent residence journalism in Vietnam
NOTE: Vietnam Temporary Residence Card will not be issued to foreigners whose passports are valid under 1 year.
DURATION OF EACH TYPE OF TEMPORARY RESIDENCE CARD IN VIETNAM
In general, the duration of a Temporary Residence Card is shorter at least 30 days than the duration of the passport. Nonetheless, there are differences among types of temporary residence card in Vietnam. Kindly read the list below for more details:
- The duration of a NG3, LV1, LV2, ĐT or DH temporary residence card shall not exceed 5 years.
- The duration of a NN1, NN2, TT temporary residence card shall not exceed 3 years.
- The duration of a LĐ or PV1 temporary residence card shall not exceed 2 years.
- Expired Temporary Residence Card may be extended (please click here to know more about Temporary Residence Card extension)
OTHER INFORMATION RELATED TO VIETNAM’S WORK PERMIT, VISAS AND TEMPORARY RESIDENCE CARD
- How To Apply Work Permit In Viet Nam
- How To Apply Work Permit Extension
- How To Apply For Vietnam Visa On Arrival
- How To Apply For Visa Extension In Vietnam
- How to apply for Extension of Temporary Residence Card
- Procedures For Lost Vietnam Temporary Residence Card
- Vietnam Temporary Residence Card For Foreigner’s Relative
- Who Can Get Vietnam Temporary Residence Card
- How To Apply Vietnam Visa On Arrival
- How To Extend or Renew Visa In Vietnam
- How To Apply Vietnam’s Visa For Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Iran, Parkistan, Turkey Citizens
For further information please contact:
Discovery Indochina Travel Co., Ltd
5th Floor | Platinum Building | 145 Dien Bien Phu Street, District 1 | Ho Chi Minh City | Vietnam
Tel: 028 39102358 | 028 39102359 Mobile: 0938228856 | 0906640505
www.visa5s.com | www.ditravel.vn