Foreigners wish to extend their visa for the temporary staying permission in Vietnam with the purpose for business, working, investment, study, visiting relatives, traveling, or others. They could extend their stay by using visa extension or renewal service in Vietnam, conducting this service depends on their current visa and purpose, visa extension allows them to stay more in Vietnam without leaving the country. Meanwhile, visa renewal means that you are granted a new visa stamp and visa sticker on your passport with the new duration permission.
ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT VISA EXTENSION IN VIETNAM
Extending the visa in Vietnam means that the Vietnam Immigration Department will issue a new visa extension stamp on the passport with new expiry date, so you are able to stay in Vietnam until that day.
With visa renewal or visa extension in Vietnam, you do not need to leave the country, because the visa extension process will be done while you are in Vietnam.
The Vietnam visa extension length depends on the current visa type, nationality, port of entry name and applicant’s needs. So, we recommend you to contact directly to our team to check your case.
Your visa must be extended or renewed before the expired date to make sure that you will not be charged for the penalty fee of overstaying. The Visa extension Vietnam must be applied from 5 to 7 days before the visa expiration date, and it takes 5 working days to complete the procedure.
The visa extension in Vietnam includes following cases:
- Business Visa: can be extended for 3 months maximum only
- Tourist Visa: can be extended for 3 months maximum only
- Vietnam visa exemption: can be extend for 15 days or 30 days maximum
WHAT IS DIFFERENCE BETWEEN VIETNAM VISA EXTENSION AND VISA RENEWAL IN VIETNAM
Before your Vietnam visa expiration, the visa extension or visa renewal service in Vietnam which one is easier, cheaper and faster,…how can you totally understand the difference between the visa extension and visa renewal Vietnam, you may wonder what is differences between the two are and requirements for Vietnam visa extension and visa renewal in Vietnam. So, let’s us analyze for you as below.
Visa Extension Vietnam:
- Means that you will get a new visa extension stamp with new staying duration permission in Vietnam and it allows to stay more in Vietnam only without reentering if you leave Vietnam before your visa expired. So, it means you must apply for a new visa if you wish to come back to Vietnam after leaving.
- The visa extension service fee is much cheaper;
- The procedure of visa extension is easier than Visa renewal service.
- The Visa extension service in Vietnam is appropriate for someone who enters Vietnam with visa exemption or tourist visa.
- The maximum validity of visa extension can be approved for 3 months with single entry only
In order to apply for visa extension in Vietnam, your current visa has to be correspondent to your staying extending requirement, and meet some requirements of Vietnam Immigration Department.
Visa Renewal Vietnam:
- Is appropriate for someone who wishes to have a new visa stamp and visa sticker paper on their passport with the new duration permission, the new visa can be issued such as single or multiple entries.
- The maximum validity of visa renewal can be approved for 3 months with single or multiple entries, and up to 1 year maximum with foreigner who granted a Vietnam work permit or work permit exemption
- The staying length is valid from 1 month to 1 year depending on the purpose of entry, needs, current visa type, nationality and what documents you already have.
- The Vietnam visa renewal fee is higher than Visa Extension fee because we have to pay for visa stamping fee and visa sticker fee.
- The Vietnam visa renewal service in is ready for someone who has a valid visa with visa sticker paper and visa code of DN, LD, DT, NN1, NN2, LV
WHAT TO DO WHEN YOU OVERSTAY YOUR VISA IN VIETNAM?
What happens if you overstay your visa in Vietnam? And what should you do when you overstay your visa in Vietnam? Overstaying your visa means that you stay longer in Vietnam than the given time on your visa’s validity.
If you overstay your visa for a period of less than 3 days, you are not required to go to the Immigration department; you can pay directly at the airport and get an exit visa to leave the country. The average penalty fee for a longer overstay will be about 500,000VND ($25USD) per day.
In case of overstaying, there are two types of penalty fees:
** You must pay the fine of overstaying
** You must pay:
Case 1: You would like to prolong your stay in Vietnam: Visa extension fee. A few legal documents will be required for this process, so contact the Immigration Department or visa agent in advance.
Note: If you overstay your visa due to a lost passport, you must contact your embassy/ consulate and apply for a new passport/travel permit/diplomatic note, then contact the police, write up the passport lost report, and finally arrange for a visa extension or visa renewal in Vietnam through the Immigration Department.
Case 2: You are forced to leave the country: Exit fee
Of course, the longer you overstay, the more complicated the procedure will be as the Immigration Department will need to track your legal activity record during this overstay period.
Please keep in your mind that overstaying is a serious offense, so let’s pay attention to your visa validity and your date of departure. As human beings, we sometimes ignore it, so please take it serious.
STEP-BY-STEP GUIDE TO APPLY FOR VISA EXTENSION IN VIETNAM
With the aim of getting more and more opportunities to assist our international clients, Visa5s.com has also provided visa extension service in Vietnam. If you are staying in Ho Chi Minh City or neighbor provinces, cities, we have our expert team who can advise the best solution on services of visa renewal, visa extension or Vietnam visa run in Vietnam based on the current visa type, nationality, and your needs, our team also comes in person to pick up your documents at your address.
Before confirming the service of Vietnam visa extension or visa renewal without leaving the country for foreigner in Vietnam, we recommend you follow the below steps:
<> Step 1: Providing us scanned copies of your passport, current Vietnam visa, Vietnam entry stamp and port of entry name, and the most important things is your needs. Basing on the documents we review on it and advise at least 2 options for your choice
- Vietnam visa renewal service;
- Vietnam visa extension service or
- Vietnam visa run service in Ho Chi Minh City
<> Step 2: We confirm the suitable solution and all information you need to make your decision on the service
- Inform you about Vietnam visa extension fee, or visa renewal service fee and Vietnam visa run service to Moc Bai
- Requirements for the service of visa extension in Vietnam
- Term of payment;
- Processing time for the service of visa extension and visa renewal service
<> Step 3: Preparing all required documents for Visa extension in Vietnam
Required documents for current visa type as ĐN, ĐT, LV, TT
Foreigners who are travelling, working, staying in Vietnam, containing a valid visa and passport marked the visa type of DN / DT/ LD / NN1 / NN2 / TT should have dossiers as follows:
- Company’s legal entity files include:
- Notarized certified copy of business registration certificate or investment registration certificate or establish Representative Office;
- Seal registration certificate and tax code registration certificate (if any);
- The original passport;
- A valid Vietnam visa;
- Vietnam work permit (if any);
- Visa renewal form signed and sealed by company’s legal representative
- Original certificate of temporary residence in Vietnam (residence record);
- In case of that foreigners accompany with their relatives, it’s required to provide the written proof of family relationships (the documents must be legalized, translated and notarized comply with the provisions of law):
- The relatives recognized as spouse must have a marriage certificate;
- The relatives recognized as children must have a birth certificate.
Required documents for current visa type as DL and Vietnam visa exemption
Foreigners who come to Vietnam for the purpose of tourist, relative visitor containing a valid visa and passport marked the visa type of DL, or visa exemption stamp should prepare the following dossiers:
- The original passport;
- A valid Vietnam visa marked as DL or visa exemption stamp
- Port of entry name;
- Your current address in Vietnam;
- Original certificate of temporary residence in Vietnam (if any);
You must apply extending Vietnam Visa some days before your visa date expires; it’d better before at least 1 week (for 3 months visa, preferably 2 weeks). Because it takes you 7 days to finish as submitting your passport and requirement at Vietnam Immigration Department Office, so applying soon may help you active in some ways.
If your passport is lost or stolen, you must follow the following steps:
- Obtain a passport lost report certified by the local police station where you are temporarily staying;
- Apply for a new travel document as passport/ travel permit/diplomatic note from the Embassy or Consulate-General;
- Obtain an letter of confirmation from the Embassy or Consulate-General;
- Obtain an exit or replacement visa in order to leave Vietnam.
<> Step 4: Submitting the dossiers to Vietnam Immigration Department for Visa extension in Vietnam, if the documents are sufficient condition, you just wait for the new extension stamp with the new staying duration permission in Vietnam; the result of visa extension comes around 7 working days
You can directly pay a visit to the Vietnam Immigration Department; or use the visa extension service from travel agencies; here is the contact details of the three major Immigration Departments located in all 3 of the major cities of Vietnam as the following:
- In Ho Chi Minh City:
- The Ho Chi Minh City Police Department’s Immigration Office: 196 Nguyen Thi Minh Khai Street, Ward 6, District 3, Ho Chi Minh City
- Ministry of Public Security Department Of Immigration: 254 Nguyen Trai Street, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City
- In Da Nang:
- Police Department’s Immigration Office: 78 Le Loi, Thach Thang, Hai Chau, Da Nang 550000
- Ministry of Public Security Department Of Immigration: 7 Tran Quy Cap, Da Nang City
- In Ha Noi:
- Ha Noi Police Department’s Immigration Office 44 Pham Ngoc Thach, Phuong Lien, Dong Da, Ha Noi
- Ministry of Public Security Department Of Immigration: 44-46 Tran Phu Street, Hanoi, Vietnam
<> Step 5: Collecting the result of Vietnam visa extension and handing over the passport and new visa extension stamp to you.
OTHER INFORMATION RELATED TO VIETNAM’S VISAS AND TEMPORARY RESIDENCE CARD
- Visa Vietnam Extension
- Overview Of Visa Vietnam
- Tourist Visa For Vietnam
- Visa Approval Letter
- Airport Fast Track Vietnam
- How To Apply Vietnam Visa On Arrival
- How To Extend or Renew Visa In Vietnam
- How To Apply Vietnam’s Visa For Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Iran, Parkistan, Turkey Citizens
Thông tin liên hệ:
‘Văn phòng Thanh Hóa: số 43 Hạc Thành, phường ba đình, TP Thanh Hóa
5th FloorPlatinum Building | 145 Dien Bien Phu Street, District 1 | Ho Chi Minh City | Vietnam
Điện thoại: 0919271858 0938228856 | 0906640505