The demand of learning English in Vietnam has increased rapidly in recent years, which leads to the need of “large” teacher teaching English. As far as you know, teaching English is not easy and required a high level and teaching skills. To solve the problem lack of personnel, university or English center employs foreigners speaking English or native speaker. To overcome screening CV, interview or get Vietnam Work Permit for teaching in Vietnam is rather difficult and complicated since it requires many certificates or diplomas such as Bachelor, Master, TESOL, etc. However, foreign teacher can teach in Vietnam without Work Permit due to Vietnam Work Permit Exemption for foreign teachers. If you would like to know more how to issue it, let’s read our post carefully.
 – WORK PERMIT EXEMPTION – HAVE YOU EVER KNOWN?
Based on regulations of the Labor Code of Vietnam, all of cases the foreign labors wishing to work in Vietnam must apply for Vietnam work permit or work permit exemption. However, pursuant to Article 7 of the Decree No 11/2016/ND-CP issued on 3 February 2016 detailing on the implementation of Labor Code regarding to the foreign labor working in Viet Nam, Foreign Teacher can work in Vietnam legally without issuing Work Permit.
- Foreign teachers coming to Viet Nam to teach with a period of less than 30 days and no more than 90 cumulative days in 01 years;
- Foreign workers who are teachers of foreign organizations that are sent to Viet Nam by such organizations to teach and research in international schools under the management of foreign diplomatic missions or international organizations in Viet Nam or permitted by the Ministry of Education and Training to teach and research in Viet Nam’s education and training institutions
Please check carefully whether you are included in the two cases or not. If not, issuance of Work Permit is a must to have permission to teach in Vietnam legally.
So, you may wonder how to get Work Permit Exemption in Vietnam or any steps you have to go through.
Let’s move to the next stage!
 – HOW FOREIGN TEACHERS CAN GET VIETNAM WORK PERMIT EXEMPTION?
We have listed the required documents you have to prepare before coming to Vietnam to issue Vietnam Work Permit Exemption. Please read carefully and make sure that all of dossiers are available.
- Request for exemption from work permits;
- Profile of the foreign worker including:
- Full name
- Passport number
- Start date and end date of employment
- Job placement of the foreign worker
- Proof of eligibility for work permit exemption include 01 photocopy to be collated with the original or 01 certified copy. Foreign documents are exempt from consularization, but must be translated into Vietnamese and certified in accordance with regulations of Viet Nam.
- Documents related to the foreign enterprises such as investment license, business registration certificate, establishment licenses (for headquarters or branches);
- Notarized true copy of the passport.
- The processing time is from 7 to 10 business days
If your teaching plan is expanded than three months or even one year, you have to issue Vietnam Work Permit. You can visit here to know more how to issue Work Permit for teaching in Vietnam legally and not violate the Labor Law.
We hope that you will have a wonderful teaching experience in Vietnam and cross-culture communication. Please do not hesitate to leave us any questions you are still confused in the Chatbox.
OTHER INFORMATION RELATED TO VIETNAM’S WORK PERMIT, VISAS AND TEMPORARY RESIDENCE CARD
- How To Get Vietnam Work Permit For Management Position
- Vietnam Submits New Issues Of Vietnam Work Permit
- Vietnam Work Permit Termination – Foreigners Must Know
- How To Extend or Renew Visa In Vietnam
- How To Apply Work Permit In Viet Nam
- How To Apply Work Permit Extension
- How To Apply For Vietnam Visa On Arrival
- How To Apply For Visa Extension In Vietnam
- How to apply for Extension of Temporary Residence Card
- Procedures For Lost Vietnam Temporary Residence Card
- Vietnam Temporary Residence Card For Foreigner’s Relative
- Who Can Get Vietnam Temporary Residence Card
For further information please contact:
Discovery Indochina Travel Co., Ltd
5th Floor | Platinum Building | 145 Dien Bien Phu Street, District 1 | Ho Chi Minh City | Vietnam
Tel: 028 39102358 | 028 39102359 Mobile: 0938228856 | 0906640505
www.visa5s.com | www.ditravel.vn