Foreigners, who already have Vietnam Temporary Residence Card (TRC) may be interested in applying Vietnam Residence Card for their relatives (father, mother, spouse, under 18-year-old child). Pursuant to the Vietnam Law on entry, exit, transit, and residence of foreigners in Vietnam, if the Temporary Residence Card holder wish to sponsor their relatives to Vietnam, their recent passport and the Temporary Residence Card must be valid for more than 01 year, and also, they must have the Vietnam Work Permit and sponsored company in Vietnam. In case of accompanying family members, documents showing proof of relationship such as: birth certificates, marriage registration and family book are a must.
CASES RELATING TO TEMPORARY RESIDENCE CARD APPLICATION
- Applying temporary residence card for investors – 5 years duration.
- Applying temporary residence card for expat who holds a valid work permit with 2 years duration.
- Applying temporary residence card for foreigner who has wife or husband holding valid temporary residence card for more than 1 year.
- Applying temporary residence card for children who has parent is foreigner holding valid temporary residence card.
- Applying temporary residence card in case lost, misplaced or damaged.
- Applying temporary residence card in case foreigners are exempt from work permits.
- Applying for Extension of expired temporary residence card.
WHO CAN APPLY FOR VIETNAM TEMPORARY RESIDENCE CARD
- Members of a limited liable company with two members or more
- Owner of a one-member limited liability company
- Members in the Board of a joint-stock company
- Foreign lawyers who have been licensed by Ministry of Justice to practice law in Vietnam as stipulated by law
- Foreigners having work permit, work in various kinds of foreign enterprises and representative offices of foreign companies.
- Professionals, students, trainees working or studying in national programs and projects signed between the ministries and approved by the government.
- Accompanying relatives (father, mother, wife, husband, children under 18 of the granting residence card person).
BEFORE APPLYING FOR TEMPORARY RESIDENCE CARD IN VIETNAM (TRC)
- The duration of a temporary residence card is shorter at least 30 days than the duration of the passport.
- The duration of a NG3, LV1, LV2, ĐT or DH temporary residence card shall not exceed 05 years.
- The duration of a NN1, NN2, TT temporary residence cards shall not exceed 03 years.
- The duration of a LĐ or PV1 temporary residence cards shall not exceed 02 years.
- Expired temporary residence cards may be extended.
- The temporary residence card is only issued foreign investors, shareholders named on investment license or certificate business registration in Vietnam. It is also issued to expats who is salaried and works in any place of Vietnam.
REQUIRED DOCUMENTS GETTING VIETNAM TEMPORARY RESIDENCE CARD FOR FOREIGNER’S RELATIVES
Temporary Residence Cards will not be issued if the applicant’s passport is valid for less than one year, and the duration of the residence card will always be at least one month shorter than the duration of the holder’s passport.
- A notarized copy of legal entity profile of guaranteed bodies, organizations or enterprises which asked for the issuance of temporary residence card, and depend on the specific cases, the following documents may be required:
* Certificate of investment; Certificate of business registration; License of representative office establishment; Subsidiary companies (including written notice of activity);
* Seal registration certificate; Tax code registration certificate (if any);
- A written request for temporary residence card (NA6 form) must be signed and sealed by a legal representative of the company;
- Declaration of foreign applicant’s information (NA8 form) must be signed by the applicant;
- A notarized true copy of work permit or work permit exemption;
- A notarized true copy of the temporary residence card;
For relatives, please provide
- Relative’s original passport;
- Two (2) passport-sized photographs (2cm x3cm);
- Family Relationship Certificates as Certificate of Marriage (husband/wife), Certificate of Birth (children/parents). Those documents must be consular legalized and translated into Vietnamese;
- The visa of relatives must be valid and TT visa;
- Proof of residence registration certified by local police station;
Kindly note that in case of accompanying relatives, documents showing proof of relationship such as: birth certificates, marriage registration and family register are a must (these documents must be consular legalized and translated into Vietnamese, unless they are exempt from consular legalization under the provisions of Article 9 of Decree No. 111/2011 / ND-CP dated 05/12/2011 of the Government on consular certification, consular legalization.)
The processing time is 05 – 07 working days from the date of receiving complete documents
OTHER INFORMATION RELATED TO VIETNAM’S WORK PERMIT, VISAS AND RESIDENCE CARD
- How To Apply Work Permit In Viet Nam
- How To Apply Work Permit Extension
- How To Apply For Vietnam Visa On Arrival
- How To Apply For Visa Extension In Vietnam
- How to apply for Extension of Residence Card
For further information, please contact:
‘Văn phòng Thanh Hóa: số 43 Hạc Thành, phường ba đình, TP Thanh Hóa
5th Floor, Avenis Building
145 Dien Bien Phu StDakao WardDistrict 1
Tel: +8428 39102359+8428 39102358
Website: www.edugold.vn |